Zelda windwaker proto

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by bowser22, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue

Patch 1 byte in the ISO = debug menu enabled.

So yes, its pretty easy. Seems you are the one on the bad side! I suggest you go medal shopping.

2. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I've been bested. I'll pack my things.

Bad_Ad84 likes this.
  3. kuze

kuze Peppy Member

Here is the picture of the disc he sent me. He offered me a straight trade for my Katana.

Yes, it would have been more than a fair trade if this is legit. I needed the money, so I couldn't risk my kit on this.

I hope it is real and eventually makes it to the light of day. However, as said before "extraordinary claims of prototypes need extraordinary evidence'.

Attached Files:

4. Cuber456

Cuber456 Newly Registered

I'm really skeptical at best. As you and other people have said in the thread, bowser22 is not really providing us with a lot of visuals, just some poor quality images. For such a prototype, you'd think that there would be more substance in this thread than that.

It depends on what hacking or modding is taking place. However, since bowser22 only gave us a few images to work with, hacking the game to what they have shown us is actually really easy if you know what you are doing. To prove this, I've gone and done so.

Compare what is above to what is in the opening post. This took me a day to hack together and can easily be done in less time if someone was more familiar with hacking the game. This only strengthens the reoccurring point in the thread that we need to see more than the title screen. It's too easy to hack a title screen together and yet all we have seen so far is a slightly modded title screen. This is why I remain skeptical.

Diablodin and speedyink like this.
  5. Xzx123

Xzx123 Robust Member

Assuming the date on there is correct and in month/day/year format, I believe the item button icons should be (clearly) visibly different from the final game.

6. gamerjay

gamerjay Newly Registered

prototype is the wrong word here, more like beta given the appearance of Outset Island in that photo.

alpha/prototype would be more like this:
    [Embed]

7. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

What suddenly makes you an expert here?
    The test rooms have nothing to do with this.They're test rooms

8. Errorjack

Errorjack Gears of War Collector

Hey settle down okay?

But seriously to the extent that the date of it, definitely is not a prototype in that regard. It is just easier to blanket everything under the prototype label due to the fact we are unable to understand the nature of the build. It could be a simple "title screen and outset island" build to test certain functionality, or could be the full game.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  9. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

We're both trying to keep our pants on.

10. Aeonic Butterfly

Aeonic Butterfly Member

I'm kind of skeptical. I know for a fact that as of May 2002, they were using a different style cloud dome on Outset Island (at least), and if it's anything like the final game, the same cloud dome was used between the title screen and Outset Island.

Here:

http://www.glitterberri.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=199&pid=1972#top_display_media
    http://www.glitterberri.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=199&pid=1976#top_display_media

Notice that, except the ones on the horizon which do bear some resemblance, they're much cruder, very sharp, not as fluffy, and rounder and smaller than the final clouds.

Now tell me, why would a prototype, supposedly dated a month before these screenshots, use the final clouds?

11. PPLToast

PPLToast Newly Registered

I really didn't want to register due to this topic, but just had to.

The build date on the disc is in the format of dd/mm/yyyy.

That is, December 4, 2002. This would place it a few days after the Japanese version from November 27.

If bowser22 would be willing to post any footage of the game, even 5 minutes of the beginning, it would be really obvious if this build was legit, but not for the reason most seem to think.

12. Aeonic Butterfly

Aeonic Butterfly Member

Alright, thanks. Like I said, skeptical, and American too.

13. zinyui44

zinyui44 Member

14. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator Staff Member

There you go

15. bowser22

bowser22 Rising Member

It's unfortunate that it wasn't what we all wanted it to be, I reached out to them early on so that it could be analyzed. I felt they had the credibility and answers would be quick.

16. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

So this was a fake someone made years back and then they put it into an NR reader that bowser22 bought? I'm totally lost exactly what the deal is with it still.

17. PPLToast

PPLToast Newly Registered

I presume it was created around 2012 or so, but yeah I'm certainly curious of its origin. The modding done to it was really shoddy in comparison to the effort on the sticker on the front, which even that was pretty strange looking when compared to how clean the disc itself was.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  18. Cuber456

Cuber456 Newly Registered

I really don’t care about the origin. The way I see this, some script kiddie took a retail copy of the game, hacked the title screen using an ISO dumper/rebuilder, TGA2BTI, and a paint tool, set a particular byte on the retail ISO to an enabled value so the debug info was viewable, then threw the hacked ISO on a NR reader disk with a label. That disk then made its way “into the wild”. I demonstrated how easy it was to mod the game to what was shown in the OP via the post below. It’s really simple stuff:

https://assemblergames.com/threads/zelda-windwaker-proto.68016/page-4#post-961855

There might one day be a legitimate find/leak of a Wind Waker prototype but not today.

zinyui44 and Xzx123 like this.