Zelda 64/ Ura-Zelda 64DD/ Zelda Gaiden

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by TransatlanticFoe, Jan 2, 2012.

1. M. Bison

M. Bison I'll see you all at 3:15!

I've already been incredulous of URA's progress for a couple months (particularly when the team decided to transition work from the well-documented OoT ROM to the woefully underexplored Majora's Mask engine), but recently, a former URA team member got banned after claiming that the project had been dead with nothing having been actually done for the past six months or so beyond concept art*. Shortly afterward, Zeth (the team leader) assured his followers that the project was alive and well, only to turn around with news of it "hanging by a thread" and canceling it. In three days' time. That fast turnaround absolutely destroyed any trust I had in the URA Project (which had already been whittled by other reasons in the project's lifetime), which is unfortunate since the initial work (i.e. that which we got to actually see) looked promising.

*I consider the music as "conceptual" as well, seeing as the team had, by their own admission, never cracked OoT or MM's sound engines to enable external music streaming.

2. Zant

Zant Active Member

I want to bring up this topic again, or at least post something similar to it. I believe that we still have not seen the end of Zelda 64 prototypes or Ura Zelda DD. Anything by Nintendo that is different that what was released as a final version is gold. I wonder how long it will take for someone to read this comment :)

3. Bobo Mcloud

Bobo Mcloud Robust Member

I was hoping my oot debug prototype had some different content from the leaked Rom from way back but it seemed to be pretty much the same.

Ura likes this.
  4. Zant

Zant Active Member

It seems like all the debug ROMs are the same.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  5. Zant

Zant Active Member

edit:nevermind

6. Zant

Zant Active Member

edit:nevermind