Your worst bug moments

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by ASSEMbler, May 25, 2009.

1. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Does Windows 10 count?

2. PessimisticPenguin

PessimisticPenguin Плохо пигвин

Fallout: New Vegas. Anytime I take a step towards the last area of the game my entire screen locks up and I need to restart my xbox 360. I still have not completed the game.

&

Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 and 2 for Gamecube. The game saves locally. My character I spent 300 hours on was deleted due to a saving glitch. Either that or malicious hackers. Either way shouldn't have been allowed to happen. I got screwed again when my entire inventory was deleted on another character when logging online. At least the character survived that time.

3. ToddShake

ToddShake Member

Ok, not a bug per se, but definitely a "I can't believe that just happened" moment. I was playing Digimon World 3, and my cousin Amie was in my lap (she enjoyed watching me play), and all of a sudden, my mom calls out that dinner is ready. The moment she did, Amie jumped out of my lap towards my mom, knocking me over with the controller in my hand, which pull my PS1 out, and yanked some cords in the process.

An hour and a half of progress...lost...

4. Darkhero

Darkhero The Future Is Now

5. katastrophic88

katastrophic88 Member

Was reviewing a game for work. 3 hours in and near the end, I get a game breaking bug where the camera is still but my character is off screen and no amount of running around would let me figure out where he was. Had to delete the file and start over at 3 am with a 10 am deadline.

6. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Anybody have any experience with the PC Port of Metal Gear Solid 1?

7. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Dauntless Member

I had a good bug happen while I was playing Stardust HD on PS3 in 2010... I don't remember exactly what happened but some explosion in the game went off, then the game ran laggy, like half speed, and stayed at that speed. Normally this would have been annoying, but because everything went slow, it made the game much easier and I was able to get a new cheated high score. :D

Pinta77 and katastrophic88 like this.
  8. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

By far the worst bug I’ve ever encountered was on PlayStation all-stars battle Royale!

I was trying to get the platinum trophy, and one of the things you need to do is beat arcade mode with all the (non dlc) characters. But for whatever reason, right before I would beat arcade mode, it would freeze and I’d have to reset it. And this happened like 50% of the time, but it would happen when you’re at the last level and you’ve already spent like 30 minutes. So you could spend 30 minutes, it freezes, you reset, do it again, 30 more minutes, and who knows! Maybe it will freeze again!

So I almost chucked this freaking game in the bin until I learned that there was a glitch with the latest update, and that if I uninstall all the updates then arcade mode won’t freeze. Once I did that, I was able to beat it no problem. But oh my god this was probably the most frustrating thing I’ve ever encountered in a game.

We’re you playing online when that happened? I just picked up the game about a year ago cuz you can unlock something on Sonic Adventure 2 with it, but I actually got into the game quite a bit.

9. teckman02

teckman02 Rising Member

all of the bugs in fallout new Vegas that were on day one launch