Your other hobbies?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Alien Workshop, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Zant

Zant Active Member

Lucid dreaming!

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  2. Aydan

Aydan Spirited Member

I have quite a number of hobbies..

Of course I adore my retro gaming and make some youtube videos for fun sharing interesting information and talking about the lesser known games out there (People seem to be nintendo obsessed since the majority of 'major youtube retro gamers' are american).

Feel free to check out my channel and have let me know what you think. I'm especially proud of the 'SEGA MADE A ZELDA GAME!?' video haha.

I'm also a guitarist in a band. Done originals work, had some fun and got albums done but these days I teach lessons as well as play all around my local area in Wales at many different venues with my band which supplements my income nicely for my retro gaming hobby.

On top of that I've recently started to get into fitness again. I lost a lot of weight a few years back and with an office job I put some back on. No where near as big as I was but I'm not happy so time to get my butt in gear!

kree8 likes this.
  3. Celestiacanterlot

Celestiacanterlot Rising Member

4. Jackhead

Jackhead Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Shuji likes this.
  5. sumone

sumone Spirited Member

pff gold ....... .

[​IMG]

;)

6. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

I'll post what do I later, WAS going to but we got some good photos going.

7. Jackhead

Jackhead Moderator Staff Member

:D i bought it used with the golden finish. Your combination looks really nice.

8. Consulli

Consulli Member

Playing electric and acoustic guitar/singing

Studying history

Reading

Movie buff (mainly horror)

9. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag Staff Member

My 1993 Toyota Supra

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Toubib likes this.
  10. metalman

metalman Rapidly Rising Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg Anime and manga + a bit of Dc comics and marvel.

11. AntiPasta

AntiPasta Fiery Member

Since my last post I've become a major watch nut... to the point where I spend a lot of my time and most of my discretionary income on watch stuff... kinda like I did on (retro) hardware and games when I first came to these boards! which was almost 15 years ago now I think...

I'm not yet comfortable spending huge amounts of dough on any single wristpiece but I've gone from 1 watch in 2008 to two in 2014 to 8 today... mostly Japanese affordables, looking to branch out into microbrands as well. Here's a few that I like:

[​IMG]

First serious watch purchase, Seiko SVCS013, bought off Amazon JP in 2008 and now something of a collector's item. Sadly the movement needs a little maintenance...

[​IMG]

Bastard child of a Seiko diver (hence the dial text and huge luminous 'pips') and a smaller field watch... there's a lot of these Seiko mods out there but I haven't caught the bug yet... this one was done by a professional Seiko modder. The possibilities really are endless.

[​IMG]

Currently wearing this one, kind of a Seiko 'homage' to the Ur-diver, the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. I like the retro looks though the movement isn't as good as my first Seiko. Some people mod these to look as close to the original BFF without compromising copyright.

[​IMG]

My current favourite, an automatic Citizen diver that's just been discontinued. Love this one to bits. The dial is fully lumed which means the whole thing lights up at night and not just the hands.

Mind you these are all quite cheap, but the problem with this hobby is that there's truly no upper limit to how much one can spend...

kennypecheur likes this.
  12. MachineCode

MachineCode The Devil

skyway1985 likes this.
  13. skarpo01

skarpo01 Peppy Member

One of my other hobbies is "falconry". I train falcons to fly around and hunt preys (fake ones). The falcon is trained to go from one point to another and then come back following my instructions. Falconry also involves proper care taking of the bird (food and grooming).

If you have any question, feel free to ask me, I will be more than happy to answer.

Below is an illustrative picture of falconry, it is not me!
    [​IMG]

Synnett likes this.
  14. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Spirited Member

My uncle used to fly Goshawks, always found it fascinating but never had the time to seriously look into it. He gave me a huge stack of Falconry magazines going back years which I used to immerse myself in.

What bird do you have?

15. pato

pato Fiery Member

Cars.

Mine is the "Shamemobile", an Chevrolet Astra 2011 (Opel Astra B).

16. jakeeeenator

jakeeeenator Site Supporter 2015,2016,2017

My other hobby besides gaming is collecting workprints. For some time now I have been building my collection. Workprints are unfinished versions of movies when they are still in the development stages. My favorites are animated workprints as they usually have lots of unfinished animation.

Here is a link to one of my more popular videos (and my favorite workprint):

I uploaded more clips to my channel. 99 percent of all my workprints are unreleased. The Toy Story workprint in particular came from a man in Europe who emailed me saying he had a bunch of tapes from his dads friend. Lets just say I got more than one rare workprint from him. :)

speedyink likes this.
  17. Synnett

Synnett Dragon

I play Super Smash Bros Melee where I main Bowser. I also repair, mod and collect GC controllers. I like to play guitar a bit, and I play other video games too - I wanted to start speedrunning but I can't find the time to do it.

18. redsox24

redsox24 Rising Member

I bowl, play baseball and sometimes will spend stupid amounts of money on hockey cards.

19. SpooferJahk

SpooferJahk *Insert title here*

Be social like an anti-geek person, exercise/working out (Need to get back on it after falling off the grid), and the biggest thing outside of gaming is music. I did play the keyboard at one point but fell off thanks to real life, but I am big into listening to it and listen to and own a lot of albums from many different acts.

The music rite of passage over here was assembling a good stereo system to play CDs, Cassettes, Records, and anything digital with a simple aux cable over the course of the summer to fall of 2016. More or less wish fulfillment since I always wanted a good sounding set for music, and being able to play those different formats is the icing on the nice red velvet cake here.

Some images of the set (Excuse the mess, been cleaning the cave this is in so it is cluttered):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It is not the best set, and is more or less a Frankenstein's monster of stuff but for what it is, it sounds amazing compared to what I have heard before. The music I listen to feels right, and has come alive with it all. If anything it looks straight out of the 90's with that sleek black design which I am okay with, being a wee lad during that period.

20. MikeDavis007

MikeDavis007 Rising Member

Cars and computers