Your other hobbies?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Alien Workshop, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Lamont

Lamont Site Supporter 2015

^ Nice!

You two should post photos of dishes and the like! :)

I'm kinda the same way but for me, it's baking and making desserts. Except my oven has literally JUST died and as I am currently renting, I refuse to shell out of my own pocket (AGAIN, previously bought a new dishwasher as the one within the house was DOA) after having previously told them that the oven either needed repairs or was due to be replaced.

Otherwise, I enjoy baking cakes and have also previously worked as a baker before. I hate making normal loaves of bread unless it's with an actual fireplace.

Also particularly good at cooking things from scratch (can make various authentic international types of food after being shown by family friends and relatives when I was little).... but just no seafood. Blargh. >_<;

2. amiga1200

amiga1200 Dauntless Member

i take what i do for granted, as it CO$TS me a dick and a knacker to keep a foot-in.
    doubt it counts as hobby when i can't function without them. (sounds like drugs when i think about it)
    what i LIKE to do in spare time is GAME, music, reading, 'self medication' and if i'm really feeling brave, drawing.
    hill walking is good, ingleton has some nice spots....long overdue a rerun there..:smile-new:

3. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64 or your money back

This just makes sense, bacteria always cooks very well.

Cooking and grilling are pretty great, though. Making a dish from scratch with ingredients and quality control of your own discretion usually beats going to any restaurant.

4. Lamont

Oh! Forgot a couple. I've also enjoyed going rock climbing and abseiling since the age of 4. Running face-forward down cliffs.... good times!

I also enjoy making maps from time to time. Usually video game related. ^^;

Small version of my map of Raccoon

I keep getting people asking me to make a massive map of Silent Hill but I'll probably do that when I get a better computer. Haha.

I should post some photos of my 1/6 scale stuff when I've finished making them. Wesker will likely be the first one finished.

5. artillery_ghosted

artillery_ghosted Gutsy Member

I like to watch paint dry.

6. Lamont

Funnily enough, I am actually doing just that currently.

Painting a head sculpt for a Chris Redfield 1/6 scale figure. Need to wait for the skin layer to dry so I can start painting in further details. >_<;

awesomeNES likes this.
  7. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

You must be the fun guy at parties!

8. amiga1200

amiga1200 Dauntless Member

^^ then you'll love this.
    i've really enjoyed recovering my xbox, dreamcast and ps2 game cases and labels.
    restoring them as best i can.
    murder getting some of the adhesive labels off, especially using solvents. (keep WELL ventilated or: 1, risk intoxication by exposure constantly. 2, DIE in a nasty explosion because the VOC's settled and the air was still, then light up a tab...not smart! :concern:)
    got through most of the xbox retails, been rewarding to see em 'scrub up' and fit neatly back on shelf, uniform. :witless:
    the dreamcast is almost done, just four games to sort...
    then the ps2, that's gonna be like them steps on kill bill, not fun and only to be greeted by a miserable knob at the top, that collection is three times larger than the xbox...not looking forward to it, at least the results will be worth the trouble.
    and if i'm feeling up to it, the psx collection. (before i get ugly with those stacks, need to rethink respiration equipment, the carbon filter on the mask is bunged and requires replacing, i need a temporary solution, something that shifts air on a mass scale, an impeller or space heater? the tool hire shop should have that.) :wink-new:
    [edit]
    typo.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  9. artillery_ghosted

artillery_ghosted Gutsy Member

Don't go to them cus I have too much fun watching dat paint lose moisture.

10. xaeroxcore

xaeroxcore Rapidly Rising Member

11. proarturs

proarturs The force is with me

I really enjoy fixing PC's other people fucked up. It's winter, so I really like to ski aswell.

12. DOOMGuy

DOOMGuy Active Member

Collecting Half-Life games ... I got the followings
    Half-Life (PC-PS2)
    Half-Life Opposing Force (PC)
    Half-Life Blue-Shit (PC)
    Half-Life Decay (PS2)
    Half-Life 2 (PC)
    Half-Life 2 Episode 1 (PC-Xbox360)
    Half-Life 2 Episode 2 (PC-Xbox360)

13. 7Force

7Force Guardian of the Forum

Was that intentional?

14. DOOMGuy

DOOMGuy Active Member

I think so ..

15. PS1collector

PS1collector Robust Member

Saving old (80s) cars that are in the danger of being scrapped, these are future classics and need a savour. Here is the current list witout 4 others that are for parts or are going away soon to new owners. These on the list are mine and will be kept forever<3

6. Lada 2105 '87
    5. Mitsubishi Lancer '88
    4. Nissan Sunny '88
    3. Opel Kadett '81
    2. Mazda 626 '87
    1. Fiat Uno 45S '87

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  16. Pushky

Pushky Rapidly Rising Member

sleeping

17. RyanGamerGoneGrazy

RyanGamerGoneGrazy Clubbies Are Minis Too!

So while I don't post here every day anymore, I still game in my spare time, mostly 3DS, but some PS4, and retro games. My other hobbies still include RC (building and flying quadcopters now too), Classic Minis and various others, but in the last two years, I've gotten into 3D printing, and lately, designing my own 3D printers :)

http://3dprint.com/46657/3dpb-forum-member-3d-printer/

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.php?10011-MiniMadRyan-s-Build-Thread

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.php?11109-MaplePrint-V2-3D-Printer-Progress-Thread

Cheers

Ryan

18. TankedThomas

TankedThomas 100% Tank Engine

I love building models (mainly Japanese plamo, and snap-fit, usually). It's an expensive hobby, though, and the model shop near me closed down about a year ago, so getting paints is the biggest pain in the ass ever. The closest place (out of TWO places in the whole North Island, as far as I can find) is 30-40 minutes from my place by car, and since I can't drive (on my own, anyway), it's nigh impossible to get the stuff I need. And I can't import them because 9/11. I'd have an easier time making a bomb than getting paints. True story.

Anyway, I love the obligatory computer things. I'm rubbish at any kind of programming, though. I also get annoyed by computers. You know, it's one of those love-hate relationships that most people have with technology - it's great when it works, but when it doesn't, it's frustrating as all hell.

Then there's my plastic crack addiction. It's not as expensive as real crack, and it's usually some type of vehicle that turns into a robot, so it only really works if you're a manchild.

Oh, and tokusatsu is awesome. All of it.

I've probably got a million other things I could go on about, but that's the gist of it. And it was still longer than what everyone else wrote. =3

I like you. Also, your name is a dead giveaway. :p

19. thepokemask

thepokemask Why have a virtual boy when you can have a potato?

i collect coins mainly old coins and money from different countries

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  20. Lyth

Lyth Spirited Member

I beatbox, have been doing it for about 8 or so years. I pretty much can "speak" dubstep, hiphop, and electronic music. At first, it was difficult, now it's second nature.

I used to portablize consoles, but haven't done that in a few years.