Xenon XeDK with 1839.2 sticker on nand

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Development' started by begallegal1, Jun 12, 2016.

1. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

Yeah, I thought it was pretty sad - especially since at that point I didn't have an XDK and would have liked to get my hands on one. I did go through the stack looking to see if there were any that were less damaged, but it seems that whoever was wrecking them has been pretty through. I also didn't realize at that point that they could work without the sidecar - if I had, I would have grabbed a bunch of them and replaced the ports.

The other thing I just remembered was that main label had been scraped away, so the serial numbers and manufacture date were illegible - although all the other stickers were still there.

begallegal1 likes this.
  2. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

Sounds like xedk.

begallegal1 likes this.
  3. MrMario2011

MrMario2011 Robust Member

Thanks for the share, this whole thread was fascinating :D

begallegal1 likes this.
  4. begallegal1

begallegal1 Spirited Member

Sadly this kit is probably going to need reballed or at very least a really good reflow, while apart for cleaning my cats decided to blast through the living room and when the dust settled my poor mobo was lying face down on the floor,... since then I have had multiple gpu related errors and freezes, during one decent boot that actually made it past the boot anim I managed to catch this clip of it booting and loading some extra patches.
    If nothing else it will be a memory to watch if I can't ever get it fixed :(

I know,,I know,, 50 lashes for allowing such a thing to happen to this piece of hardware :p LOL!!

5. XboxSurgeon

What was that Return to Xshell business on the home screen? o_O

6. Lehvak

Lehvak B├╝rgermeister

The Shadow Boot patches I assume.

7. begallegal1

Yea this..
    was just a quick way to verify the RGL patches were applied since I had been testing with and without the sidecar attached to check errors.

8. XboxSurgeon

I'm just curious how you did it, what patches or SB files were used. I like it.

9. begallegal1

To be perfectly honest and fair I didn't create or edit the files, another member of the scene did and was kind enough to share them with me while I was doing some testing for them. It took me quite a while to understand what exactly it was and I am still looking for other rom.bin files to compare to see if this one was edited or not,, In all fairness and to stick to my word I will have to contact the creator and ask if it is ok to share either the files or the methods publicly or privately. As for function, in short it patches everything that RGLoader does and adds all the additional functions RGL did for modified consoles running dev kernel (retail file loading capable,plugin loading, custom rglp loading,return to xshell hud patch, etc etc etc)

10. XboxSurgeon

Interesting. No worries if you cannot share. I'm just very interested in the how with this additional and obviously helpful addition.

begallegal1 and fate6 like this.