Xenon XeDK with 1839.2 sticker on nand

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Development' started by begallegal1, Jun 12, 2016.

1. begallegal1

begallegal1 Spirited Member

Hello all, long time no see for anyone out there who knows me ;) I've not been around or messed with my kit in ages so decided to tear it down and clean it while I have had 2 seconds. Doing this I found a sticker I somehow never noticed before (or forgot all about lol) on the nand.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1839.2 is listed in the XeDK kernel list as "2.0.1839.2 XeDK release Dashboard" which I thought was pretty neat,,I found it odd that 1861(newer) is listed as "First w/XEX2", It's not as cool as a proto or other rarity, but pretty neat. Given that I have no idea the history of this console, or how many of these were made. I believe only the motherboard and sidecar are original, I'm guessing the drive face and eject button are not original. I know the case was not original as it came to me with a chopped out HDMI mobo shell and case LOL!
    These factors don't concern me so long as it runs, It was updated to a currentish flash when I got it a few years back, and now is running a very.. cough "customized" 17150 setup lol,, I don't play many games on it (though it does have a few gems that will make these boards when they reach the age :D ) , it is used for hobby dev of some crappy games I make for fun :p

XeDK Xenon
    Original Flash : 1839.2 (assumed)
    Current Flash : 17150.0 ***
    Sidecar : 2 Port (PIX, DVD Emu)
    Mobo sticker data : X812578 - 011 R

I also found this a bit odd.....
    [​IMG]

If anyone does have any information to add about kits of this age / type, or XeDK stuff in general,please do,, I have lots of pics, if anyone would like any more specific photos i'll gladly add them.

2. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

A lot of those early machines had the connectors intentionally destroyed when they were scrapped - my guess is that someone replaced the network/USB socket, but caused some track damage in the process, and that wire is a replacement for the damaged track.

begallegal1 likes this.
  3. XeDK

XeDK -___-

Mine has a 1616.7 sticker on it. Also you can get your beta on a beta recovery by just writing a beta nand to it atm only 1838.1 beta is around. Mine also has the same wire and your sidecar should be black for it to be original.

http://m.imgur.com/a/AVupq
    http://imgur.com/YcvQPdc

Edit. NVM looking back at the pics you have a 009 not a 011 should be a beta 2

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    begallegal1 likes this.
  4. Syclopse

Syclopse .

I can't tell if his is grey or that early glossy white color.

5. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

I'm gonna say that the networking port was destroyed and repaired as Trimesh mentioned. Secondly, this is not an XEDK 2. It is not an XEDK 1 either. The "XEDK" last run were 009. Yours is clearly marked as an 011.

The sidecar isn't original, nor is the white ROL cover and the shell is obviously not as you mentioned it is an HDMI gored shell.

The bezel and eject is given the black color and "XBOX 360" engraved on it.

This is an early XDK is all. The 011 indicates it was a release XDK. May have even been a reviewer kit in a past life. The HANA and Southbridge both say "Xbox 360" which on 007,008 and some 009 kits say "XBOX" with the classic Xbox logo from the first gen consoles.

Interesting piece no doubt, but unfortunately it looks to be a franken-kit made of several different parts. I will agree that the motherboard is original, but not the sidecar. The sidecar is from a white test kit that it too has been modified considering no white sidecar ever had it's PIX port opened unless the sidecar had been tampered with and opened to remove the plastic bit.

begallegal1 and Syclopse like this.
  6. XboxSurgeon

Edit:

Looking closer at the pics your mobo revision is 009, not 011 per the decal. But the verdict remains the same that this is an XDK.

7. XeDK

XeDK -___-

Beta 2

8. XboxSurgeon

I disagree. Not a beta two. Too late of a model for it.

9. XeDK

XeDK -___-

Well 008 is beta 2 as that's were we see no more Titan this is a 009 I would say anything after 009 is final.

Edit from the looks of it the SB is not original If you take a look at the HANA it has the OG xbox logo

10. XboxSurgeon

Hmm. Have we seen a 009 in its original state to confirm? A beta two I imagine is the white XeDK. Maybe we are using two different examples?

11. jaunelapin

jaunelapin Spirited Member

I had one in it's original state, from August '05.
    Production Faceplate, labelled XeDK-2 on the stickers by the fans (compared to XeDK-1 on the earlier boards with Titan).

Judging from the stickers on OPs board, that should be a refurbished 11r,
    to original stickers would've been the same as we find them in Beta1 kits,
    You know, the ones with the solder specs, number of the unit/number of units from this revision etc.

Additionally had a sticker on the case that said "3.2ghz verified"
    Might still have detailed pictures somewhere.

The white XeDKs must've still been Beta1, IIRC.

12. Lehvak

Lehvak B├╝rgermeister

The "White XeDK" is an Internal Beta 1
    [​IMG]
    Beta 2 internals were white but never had the rubber flaps and no titan board
    [​IMG]

Syclopse, XboxSurgeon and Stipo360 like this.
  13. TriMesh

I think you're trying to read too much into this - the CM won't care about a cosmetic change like that, and will use whatever parts they have in stock as long as the P/N is correct. So it's entirely possible that a board would be produced with a mix of "old logo" and "new logo" parts if it was made during the changeover.

14. Lehvak

Lehvak B├╝rgermeister

I also have the similar unit as yours OP I just realized
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think we both have re-purposed Beta 2 Devs.

begallegal1 likes this.
  15. begallegal1

yea I would defo agree in the frankenbox lol , the evidence of destruction to the network (for sure), av and power ports(possibly) I never really gave much thought to , but this is most certianly the case.
    Here are some more detailed pics of some parts.
    Hana & SB
    [​IMG]
    Hana
    [​IMG]
    SB
    [​IMG]
    ID tag near fan cutout, I found it interesting that it has a second tag stuck over one but not the other
    [​IMG]
    area near nand with an odd little green wire and resistor, anyone know anything about this? meaning is it a repair or original?
    [​IMG]
    serial tag in front of heat sink, number matches rear one from what I can read of both.
    [​IMG]

Damage to case where ports were destroyed, funny I never payed any attention to this
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  16. XboxSurgeon

I think Lehvak is onto something regarding repurposed kits.....

Stipo360 likes this.
  17. begallegal1

That's really cool , glad to know there is at least another one out there, really cool yours has a numbered model tag, it looks very complete in comparison, mine didnt even have the black fan shroud, only the drive bezel and eject button, but as has been pointed out neither is the sidecar.

Sorry for a double post here, started my last post earlier and got pulled away, dummy didnt refresh to see new reply's LOL

EDIT:
    you all are right it is an 009
    [​IMG]

some more pics of a covered over serial tag on the mobo shell hinting to the idea of repurposed kits
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and looking at the bottom of the mobo , yes all 3 rear ports were replaced by the same person (who should turn in their soldering gun LOL)

and so the sidecar then came from a _____?? date on the case seal is 23/01/06 but hell who knows what parts of it have been swapped..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the truth revealed.......well maybe not truth,, but something lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  18. jaunelapin

jaunelapin Spirited Member

That's original, can be found on all 009s. Looks like somebody forgot something there ;)

Wasn't that known? I think I first read about those on here, even.
    The repurposed 009 boards are assigned 011r,
    they aren' too rare, either, must be a couple thousand of them (there were at least 7150 009 Beta 2s).

begallegal1 likes this.
  19. TriMesh

It's not really that surprising you never noticed it - it's not something you would look for unless you were aware of that specific piece of Xbox history. The only reason I knew about it was that quite a while ago I was in an electronic scrap place in Guangzhou, and they had a large stack (I.E. hundreds of units) of XDKs with prototype stickers - all of which had completely smashed up sidecars and the ports destroyed. I asked the guy there what the deal was with them, and he said they had all come that way from MS - and that they had seen multiple shipments of them like that.

20. XboxSurgeon

Sad really. Poor machines treated horribly.