XDK E68 Error

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Development' started by MaxHayman, Apr 3, 2019.

1. MaxHayman

MaxHayman Member

Hello,

I have this XDK which was spitting out a E68 error on boot. I removed the side car and it boots fine into the OS. Removing the hard drive from the sidecar and plugging directly into the XDK allows it to boot and all the content on the drive loads fine. However if I have the sidecar plugged into the HDD slot even without the drive on the sidecar I get an E68.

The wires from the sidecar were a bit damaged. The boards on the sidecar look pretty clean with no obvious damage.

Screenshot 2019-04-03 at 11.33.42.png Screenshot 2019-04-03 at 11.33.50.png Screenshot 2019-04-03 at 11.33.59.png IMG_3426.jpg IMG_3427.jpg IMG_3428.jpg IMG_3437.jpg

I was reading on another thread that the sata connectors for the drive on the bottom of the sidecar just passes through directly to the drive. I have a spare xbox hard drive cable from a retail drive, but they are slightly different shape, will I have issues with this?

2. begallegal1

begallegal1 Spirited Member

You should be able to use any "off the shelf" SATA connectors/cables or bits of "retail" cabling to patch that one together or replace it completely. ;)

3. MaxHayman

MaxHayman Member

The cable seems to work fine after taking both boards out. It seems that using the SATA connectors on the bottom board seem to be coming away slightly from the board. Is this literally a direct passthrough to the top? How do people mount the hard drives in this situation? I thought about turning it around to reveal the sata connectors on the other side but it doesnt quite fit.