Xbox One Wireless Elite Controller prototype

Discussion in 'Xbox One Development (One,One X)' started by awwsnapwet, Jul 4, 2018.

1. awwsnapwet

awwsnapwet Member

I was able to obtain a prototype for an Elite controller, are there any more of these floating around?
    Here are comparison pics between retail and the prototype I have: https://imgur.com/a/dVV4mLv

Here are the differences I noticed:
    Regular PN: X912908-004
    Prototype PN: X912106-011

Visual Differences:
    Paddles are not labeled on prototype (P1, P2, P3, P4 on retail)
    Profile switcher has smaller fonts on prototype (1 2)
    A lighter green is used on the D-Pad, paddle buttons, and trigger toggle switches on the prototype
    Sync button is black on the prototype
    Xbox button is more matte on the prototype
    Inside of battery cover is labeled 1,2 on retail, and is not numbered on the prototype
    Full trigger setting is represented as a solid line on prototype (Fractioned line on retail)
    Half trigger setting is represented as 3 dots on prototype (same fractioned line but shorted on retail)
    Arrow on battery cover is more rounded on prototype

Mechanical/Physical Differences:
    Trigger toggle switches are more flat and protroud out further on the prototype
    Inside of sticks are fatter on the prototype (they come to a point on retail)
    L3/R3 seem louder/more responsive on retail than prototype

Syclopse likes this.
  2. Syclopse

Syclopse .

I would assume if more are floating around no one realizes it as it's so close to a retail controller, just pre FCC approval. How did you come across this controller?

3. Moxah

Moxah Member

I'm interested to know this too.

4. awwsnapwet

awwsnapwet Member

My friend knows a guy who used to work for M S some years ago, I told my friend to ask him if he had any cool shit, and he had that controller and a debug board..
    He said he might have another one too and maybe some other shit, but he can't find where he put them.

Syclopse likes this.