Xbox One S

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by XeDK, Jun 12, 2016.

1. MottZilla

MottZilla Champion of the Forum

You can hookup a PC to a big TV just fine. Many games are programmed to be able to use Xbox controllers too. So play on the big screen, play on a monitor. Whatever you want. With a PC you can have better graphical details, higher frame rates and resolutions, even faster loading.

My statement about 'why buy either a Xbox One S or a Xbox One Scorpio' was mainly to suggest that if you are wanting the best hardware or best graphics, you could buy a PC today that will likely outperform the Scorpio significantly. I have a Xbox One and I am considering the Xbox One S for a little upgrade since it does various things I'd like. For example my Xbox One I bought an external USB HDD to upgrade the insufficient 500GB storage. If I bought the 2TB Xbox One S, I wouldn't need the external HDD. I also like the more power efficient chipset. The 4K UHD Blu-ray capability is interesting for whenever I might upgrade to a 4K TV. And getting rid of the large power brick sounds nice.

The Xbox One S isn't for everybody. But I can't imagine the original model is going to exist with it. It's like the Playstation and then PSOne. It's the newer model replacing the older model. "Upgrade" if you want or don't. The core functions aren't terribly different but it has some nice points.

2. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Yep, just like when the 360 Slim replaced the 360 phat, same deal. People say close to 10fps performance boost on most games. The new controller feels like the Forza controller
    I have it on at 4K UHD @60hz but not HDR.
    Play anywhere.

Edit: Hisense released a firmware update that allows HDR on the H8 series of TV's so now I get the full HDR & 4K of the Xbox One S.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  3. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

Because there's a large list of PC ports that have been atrocious (playing at 10 fps, memory leaks, etc even on beastly units that have thousand dollar GPUs) while the XB1 or PS4 port is certainly more playable, if not as pretty. I'd rather have a constant 30fps (60 preferably) in 720p than between 10 and 20 fps at 4k. And I'm far from the only one.

4. MottZilla

Where is this list? I do recall hearing about some bad ports, but that doesn't mean every game has these issues. The main one I recall hearing that Resident Evil 4 had a crappy PC port however with the HD edition that was released and a new PC port of that it works excellent. So what are these recent games that have XB1 and PS4 versions that are so much better?

5. Auction_Sniper

Auction_Sniper Rapidly Rising Member

I haven't seen a definitive list, but word goes around when bad ports turn up. The recent trend of Japanese developers jumping on the PC port bandwagon is hit or miss. Some games are pretty good out of the box, while some others have caps placed on the framerate and lack settings for higher resolutions on the PC.

6. MottZilla

Those aren't serious issues that you mentioned. Serious issues are instability, crashes, graphical glitches, etc. Again, still waiting for some good examples of these issues. I'm not saying they don't exist, I'd just like to hear which games have these terrible PC ports. Modern games preferably but we could bring up older ones too.

7. Riki

Riki Peppy Member

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...sed-batman-arkham-knight-performance-analysis

8. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Arkham Knight is only one that jumps out, everyone knows that one though. It was big news because they pulled it after it was released. Would like to hear other examples, cause that's always the one people seem to talk about. Which other games were broken like that?

9. Syclopse

Syclopse .

10. A Toubib

A Toubib Midnight Xbox Crew

Looks like a nice bundle and not bad pricing for 1TB bundle

11. Syclopse

Syclopse .

I have a pair of angry 5's in the room, but I already have a white S.

12. Auction_Sniper

Auction_Sniper Rapidly Rising Member

Waiting for MS to eventually release the console in all-black to match everything else under my tv (I shelled out for an R7 Dreamcast just to match the theme).

13. Syclopse

Syclopse .