Xbox One S

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by XeDK, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

That is most likely but the thing is I can't see the PS4 VR being on par with what I've tried using a rift. That was really impressive but behind the software was a massive hardcore PC. This is why I haven't been too interested in Project Morpheus. If is is as good as I've experienced then I may have to jump on board.

2. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

Well Sony being first has only proved how problematic they are.

Wouldn't say they're panicking completely, maybe a little.

3. deep3r

deep3r Fiery Member

I just hope they dont kill VR like they killed Kinect, bringing out shit games and that. Natal was hyped up and when it came out, it was poo and has stayed poo

XeDK likes this.
  4. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Back on topic, here is an unboxing video at E3 2016

Can't add to it.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  5. Syclopse

Syclopse .

delete me

6. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

Did you miss the 30 or so threads where I said GOOD things about Microsoft? Even XBOX One wishlisting?

I'm not anti XBOX but you'd have to be delusional not to think Microsoft might be shooting themselves in the foot with some of their decisions lately. Like they have no idea what they're doing.

7. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Its very easy to see you love console wars or arguments, I made the mistake of clicking that twitter link and then viewing your posts. We know you don't like Microsoft Xbox One, we get it.

8. GodofHardcore

I'm open to getting an XBOX One, if I knew what XBOX one to get. There's plenty of games I want for it. You're just hearing what you want to hear from me. Right now though there are way too many games coming out for what I already have. I don't even have money to build that Emulator box I wanted to because so much is coming out.

I'm not any kind of fanboy I just play the games I want to play, and right now what I want to play isn't on XBOX One. But the System does have games that interest me.

9. Syclopse

Syclopse .

I guess there is a limited Xbox One S 2TB Launch Edition Console that you can pre-order for $399.00. Can't find anything that makes it different, maybe the others will all be black?

Found this:
    Xbox One S will have three options for hard drive space: 500GB, 1TB and 2TB launch edition. Xbox said the consoles will launch in August, with the 2TB option costing $399 USD, the 1TB option costing $349 USD and the 500GB version costing $299 USD.

http://www.king5.com/tech/xbox-2016-e3-briefing/243671133

In the box
    • Xbox One S console
    • 2TB hard drive (internal)
    • Xbox Wireless Controller with 3.5mm headset jack
    • Console stand (for vertical orientation)
    • HDMI cable
    • AC power cable
    • 14-day Xbox Live Gold trial
    In the box
    • Xbox One S console
    • 500GB hard drive (internal)
    • Xbox Wireless Controller with 3.5mm headset jack
    • HDMI cable
    • AC power cable
    • 14-day Xbox Live Gold trial

• So maybe only the Launch 2TB comes with the vertical stand included?

10. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

But Microsoft isn't even doing VR. The Hololens is an AR headset, though they do seem to have considered partnering with Oculus at one point (I've heard they might bring Rift support to some XB1 games, but that was a while ago and I haven't heard anything since).

11. GodofHardcore

The Scorpio exists so they can bring in Rift support.

12. Conker2012

Conker2012 Intrepid Member

On a tangent, on another forum (Emuxtras), a programmer (called 'hcf') who has ported various emulators and games to the original XBox, said in a post:

"As I suspected (and I have defended it lots of times in different forums) an Xbox has a 733 MHz processor... but the fact that it is totally dedicated to run one application (without operating system, other applications and so on) gives it a critical advantage over a similar PC. And this is the astonishing result: I have seen that my 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 can BARELY beat my Xbox in emulators like Yabause or Desmume! So, it is not crazy to say that the processing power of an Xbox can be compared to a Pentium 4 PC with Windows. At the same time, if we compare the performance of some emulator ports like Desmume in Xbox and Wii, we see that the Xbox version runs faster.

So... my conclusion is that if we have a Pentium 4 with Windows and it can run an application or emulator at full speed, then our Xbox could probably do it too
    "

Granted there are no doubt other factors at play, but this gives some hope that the PS4 and XBox One and their half-upgrades will be able to do a fair job of virtual reality even though those consoles are behind the recommended PC specs for good VR perfomance. Anyway, time will tell, it always does.

13. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Here is a good talk about Xbox One, Xbox One S and Xbox Scorpio by Phil Spencer
    He does say the Xbox One S is not an upgrade to the Xbox One , it's just like the 360 and the 360 Slim.

14. rso

rso °

that can only mean one thing... xbox onee(-chan) confirmed for 2019 !!^!

15. deep3r

deep3r Fiery Member

Yeah the 2TB includes the vertical stand, I've been looking into all the models and what to buy. Think I'm just going for the 500GB and then buy a 2TB external drive, works out less and you get 2.5TB of storage (give or take system files etc.). Dont need a vertical stand either.

Yeah but the Xbox One has its OS to run in the background. If memory serves right, Xbox One uses like 1/2GB of its RAM just for the OS. I think its just to keep it all smooth, like when you want to snap in and out of apps and that.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    Syclopse likes this.
  16. GodofHardcore

NO no it's going to be

XBOX One S
    XBOX One Super S
    XBOX One Sailor Stars

then

XBOX Crystal

17. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag