Xbox One Elite Prototype Controller Brick

Discussion in 'Repair, Restoration, Conservation and Preservation' started by Sonic Dreamcaster, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Sonic Dreamcaster

Sonic Dreamcaster Member

Hi, i found a Xbox One Elite Prototype Controller in a box, you won't believe it but it was in a box in front of a house next door (I Live in Hurlingham, Buenos Aires, Argentina).

The controller presented a wireless antenna connector soldered coming from the inside of it, as well as a usb cable.

When i got home to try it, it won't turn on with batteries, nor with this USB cable that came from inside nor the usb port so i proceeded to open the thing up.

i found a cable soldered inside, making a bridge from a test point to ground, i desoldered it, and the controller started to turn on.

It was recognized by my Windows 10 PC, buttons and all worked fine, then i made the worst mistake.

I connected it to my xbox one, the controller worked perfect and the system prompted my to update the controller to which i selected the UPDATE option. The progression bar got stuck at 45%, i leaved it for half an hour and then disconnected it.

After that the controller will turn on and the xbox guide button flashes its light like is trying to sync but won't.

No matter how many times i tried to connect it to my pc or xbox, it won't get recognized, it doesn't even show up in device manager. i tried using the xbox one to update the controller in the settings but it won't show up, as if i've never connected anything.

I got out of options at what to do here. Can anybody help me out?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

_XBOX_ and Traace like this.
  2. kyo86sg

kyo86sg Intrepid Member

I have no reply for this or to understand why you have to update the controller when is working fine. Now the controller is dead and the value have drop drastically. If you need a proper elite controller, go buy the retail version...not convert a prototype -> retail.

Lost for words now.

3. Stipo360

Stipo360 Dead Rising & XDKs

4. Tokimemofan

Tokimemofan Dauntless Member

This is exactly why people who don’t know what they are doing shouldn’t mess with prototype and dev equipment.

AntDRAG likes this.
  5. Tongara

Tongara A Clockwork Knight~

6. segantleman

segantleman Newly Registered

Can AG die faster pls