Xbox one backwards compatibility!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by sayin999, Jun 15, 2015.

1. MoonTar

MoonTar Site Supporter 2014

I'll have to try this out as I have most of these games. Too bad the PAL game isn't available in all regions.

I also do not understand people getting worked up over this. The best console debate is a topic middle school kids have. It doesn't matter what system someone chooses to play a game on. As long as they are having fun.

2. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

I don't think anyone is going to say that the Backwards compatible games aren't good.

3. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

I'd say that boosts the exclusives up a lot :p seriously though, this backwards compatability really is bringing new life to great games. Playing games that had frame issues in the past with nice smooth frame rates now is fantastic. And as mentioned, the graphical enhancements really do show in most of the games.

4. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Backwards compatability is region free so the PAL game should work on an NTSC statement.

5. Droid III

Droid III Rising Member

Yeah and now they can play them again and they all look 10x better than even with the best scaler.
    For free.

I played Orta on an OG Xbox with an OSSC earlier this year and it looks absolutely nowhere in the ballpark as that video that got posted before. You are completely out of your mind if you think any scaler will make Xbox or 360 games look that good.

6. MoonTar

MoonTar Site Supporter 2014

Well, I haven't tried searching for it on Xbox Live yet only on my computer but it only showed up on the PAL Xbox site and not the NTSC site. I suppose one just needs to log into the PAL site to buy it. I haven't tried it yet though. Seems silly for Microsoft to try and keep it PAL specific still...

7. GodofHardcore

Coughxbotscough

8. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

The way I have my Xbox set up currently, I can play games in native 480p, no scaling necessary. It's true that it doesn't look as good as 4K, but it still looks pretty good - and definitely better than upscaling it. I actually prefer to play games on their original platform in general. One of the advantages of this is the fact that there will always be some games - including ones I really enjoy - that won't ever be compatible with the Xbox One. That's true for both the Xbox and the 360.

I'll qualify some of the things I said earlier. The Xbox One for me doesn't make a lot of sense because I already have a gaming PC. If you don't have or can't afford a gaming PC, an Xbox One might be a good option for playing games that otherwise can only be played on a PC. I'll also admit that the backwards compatibility is a pretty cool feature; it just isn't cool enough to convince me to get a One.

The PS4, on the other hand, has multiple really good exclusives that I'm actually interested in, that can't be played on a PC. And that's why I'm probably going to get a PS4. I'm not a Sony fanboy. If I had enough money I'd probably own all of the newer systems, just because I like to own everything. As it is, I can really only afford one new system currently, and the PS4 seems more interesting to me.

I have no problem with trying to enhance older games, especially if it's done very well. I'll sometimes buy an enhanced version of an older game if it has something that really makes it better than the original version. The fact that it's free in the case of the Xbox One is pretty cool too.

I guess basically what I'm trying to say is that all of this stuff only applies to me personally. There's no reason it has to apply to anyone else, and I don't care and won't judge you for it.

9. GodofHardcore

It's not free either you still have to buy that Doorstop first.

Makes no difference to me if you like said doorstop, but I won't fall for fanboy rhetoric either.

10. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Another thing is that Panzer Dragoon Orta is one of the Xbox games that has really bad screen filtering, which makes the image blurry. Other games that didn't have that kind of filtering look much better. For example, DOA3 looks really good on my monitor. I might post a picture of it later. It's also possible to disable screen filtering on a modded Xbox, though I've never tried this.

11. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

As I mentioned before, here are some pictures of DOA3 running at native 480p on my CRT computer monitor. Pictures don't look exactly like the real thing, but you can sort of get an idea of what it's like. It's not 4K, but it still looks pretty good. Also, as far as I know this is one of the Xbox games that isn't currently supported by the Xbox One, though I would think eventually it will be.

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

12. GodofHardcore

DOA 3 was a launch game For XBOX and 16 years later STILL Holds up.

That's a testament to just how amazing the Original XBOX was.
    Another reason to stick to the original hardware.

13. Syclopse

Syclopse .

And BC news announced today,

"We also reached a couple milestones recently with players having enjoyed over 4 billion hours on games released through our ID@Xbox program and nearly 1 billion hours on games in our Xbox One Backward Compatibility library."

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/05/02/the-road-to-e3-2018/

14. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

Just got my copying panzer dragoon Orta in the mail today. Boy does it look nice on Xbox one! Don’t get any of that picture noises I had with original Xbox. Plus don’t need to deal with that annoying 480p bug that plagued a lot of latter original xbox’s.

15. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

Syclopse likes this.
  16. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Gutsy Member

Will OG xbox games compatible with Xbox One someday get their online back up?
    I would love to play Battlefront 2 online again on a xbox one.

17. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Picture noises? My Xbox is one of the earlier ones that didn't have the 480p bug.