Xbox Halo controller

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by drphilwasright, Apr 14, 2018.

1. drphilwasright

drphilwasright Member

Hey guys, so I'd like some info on a controller I found. I saw it at a thrift store bundled with an Xbox and a couple games, and I'm wondering if I should go back and buy it. Here's a pic (not mine) of the controller.

What I'd like to know is how rare they are, and where they came from. I couldn't find much info out there, just a few eBay listings for a couple hundred. Only issue is, it looks a bit beat up. The thumbsticks are a bit chewed up, and it looks well used.

I'm a bit low on cash, and they wouldn't let me buy just the controller, and the bundle was $40. Should I go for it? Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. KaosEngineer

KaosEngineer Robust Member

Was the console translucent green with Halo printed on the front panel as well?

The controller was part of the Halo Limited Edition Xbox bundle: green translucent Halo Xbox, green translucent controller and game. Not sure if it had the game too not mentioned on Wikipedia. 200,000 units made, sold at the retail price of $200 USD in 2004. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_(console)_special_limited_editions

Current bundle pricing trend: https://www.pricecharting.com/game/xbox/halo-limited-edition-xbox-system

Priciecharting's picture is not of the Halo bundle. No Halo jewel on the controller or Halo text inscribed on the front panel above the 4th controller port.

The controller may have been sold separately too but I don't think those with the Halo jewel were. Did it say Halo like the picture you attached above or did it have the big X logo of a normal S controller?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  3. drphilwasright

drphilwasright Member

I WISH it came with the translucent Xbox, but it's just a regular one unfortunately. It says halo on the jewel just like the picture.I'm actually in line at the store buying it now. It came with an extra green regular translucent controller as well. I can post some pics when I get to my car if you'd like! Interested to see if the console has been soft modded

4. drphilwasright

drphilwasright Member

Here are a couple pics. Sorry for the double post, but I'm posting from my phone which is a bit difficult

Attached Files:

5. MoonTar

MoonTar Site Supporter 2014

Pretty common. Seen them go for $25-$35 for the most part.

MobCat and DeChief like this.
  6. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Yep, pretty common indeed.

Do people still sell replacement original Xbox controller S thumbsticks? If not, you could take them from another regular black controller S.

Anthony817 likes this.
  7. drphilwasright

drphilwasright Member

I have a couple busted black controllers with good sticks, so I might try to do that. Kinda bummed they're so common, the Xbox is my favorite console and I thought I finally stumbled across something rare for it. Still love it though haha

Anthony817 and DeChief like this.
  8. GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch Spirited Member

They're common but still worth picking up for me. I usually snatch them up when I come across them. They go for around $30 - $40. Don't believe ebay listings asking for more. It's easy enough to swap out thumbsticks and to clean the case.

These controllers do much better when sold in a bundle with the Halo edition xboxes. A while back I sold a 2TB Xbox with 4 Halo controllers for $600.

Anthony817 likes this.
  9. MobCat

MobCat Test and sort ALL THE THINGS! ^__^/

Yeah people get the Halo green xboxes http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41L--YfQjuL.jpg
    mixed up with the green limited edition console from europe but not aus or nz http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41L--YfQjuL.jpg
    The halo green controllers are pretty easy to come by in my part of the world i seem them with abort ever 5th or 6th console i serves and i run into the halo console it's self abort twice a year but iv never seen just the green xbox in the wild befour
    I have one the halo controllers just sitting in a box of controllers i use to test game consoles :p https://i.imgur.com/SiyOPCX.jpg

10. Anthony817

Anthony817 Fiery Member