CAN [XBOX][FS] XBlast Lite V1 Pre-Edition

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by bennydiamond, Nov 13, 2015.

1. bennydiamond

bennydiamond Gutsy Member

Out of stock indefinitely.

Hello everyone,

First of all, for those who have no clue what this is, I suggest you head over to this thread for a quick read.

I am selling 65 units. After these 65, there will never be other "Pre-Edition" made.

What sets them apart physically?
    • Hand soldered and individually tested
    • Purple board color
    • Gold plated finish
    • Thank you note on the device
    • Purple LPC activity LED
    • Presoldered LCD port header (gold plated)

They might also be the only batch to have a through-hole LPC connector. Surface mount headers are much more cheaper to assemble(but are mechanically weaker than through-hole) so regular batches of XBlast devices might be fitted with surface mount female headers to reduce cost. I'm still not 100% sure about this.
    Same goes for PCB thickness. "Pre-Edtition" boards are 1.6mm thick but regular batches might have a thinner PCB (like 0.8mm). Ultimately, I'll have to evaluate if cost reduction is significant enough to justify these changes.

On the software side, here's what sets them apart:
    • "Pre-Edition" DeviceID (SYSCON ID). XBlast OS will report "XBlast Lite V1 Pre-Edition" as the detected device, in gold-ish colored characters, instead of the regular "XBlast Lite V1" in green colored characters
    • Purple background instead of the regular blue one. Of course you can switch back to the regular blue one if you prefer.

So just to make this clear, functionnality-wise, there is absolutely no difference between these "Pre-Edition" units and the regular ones. You only get a purple-gold themed experience in extra (which could easily be spoofed on a regular unit if you wanted; as the OS is open source!) and the knowledge that very few people have one.

Here's what they look like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a picture of the packaging:

[​IMG]
    As you can see, the device will come with a gold plated male pin header both in a purple(ish) sealed anti-static bag.

Because every good product comes with a warranty and I'm very confident about the quality of my devices, I'm offering a 1-year limited warranty on these. Warranty will be honored at my discretion(I won't be a jerk, I promise!) and will be based on the following conditions:
    1. Read the manual before asking questions that might already be answered. (It's WIP but good enough! https://bitbucket.org/psyko_chewbacca/lpcmod_os/wiki/mainmenu)
    2. Pictures of installation in console must be provided(take note of the 's' in "pictures", I want pictures from all angles)
    3. Detailed description of the behavior, video if possible would be cool!
    4. No physical damage and/or alteration to the device. Soldering on the solder pads, LCD port, rescue port is part of normal usage and is covered. However, if you lift a solder pad (because your soldering iron was too hot) then I won't cover it.

Of course, the warranty applies only to the device itself. For example, there's no warranty if you destroy your Xbox when installing the device. I know my device works good and I have personnally tested each device I will sell in a 1.0, 1.2 and 1.6 Xbox. Plus I've been running my own device in one of my Xbox for a few months now.

To sum up, if it breaks and it's not your fault, just contact me and we'll work from there. I won't pay for you to ship the unit back to me but I will pay return shipping once it's fixed.
    Be aware that if you try to cover your mess, send me a device that you know shouldn't be covered by the warranty (and I find out), I won't try to repair it and you'll have to pay the return shipping yourself if you want it back!

Please also note that software bugs in XBlast OS are not covered by the warranty. XBlast OS is currently heavily in development and you can expect to find bugs in it. Rest assured that reported bugs will be addressed and fixed.

Warranty period will start 10 days after unit is shipped.

Current development thread is located here.

And finally... the price!
    $40USD per unit. Shipping is extra.
    Shipping from Canada to most part of the world surprisingly cost around the same amount wether I ship within Canada or to Australia! For cheaper, non-express services at least... Basic airmail shipping (non-trackable) cost about $8.5USD so base price would be $48.50USD for regular airmail shipping (non trackable, insured, CanadaPost says delivery time is 6-10 working days but I feel it could take longer).
    I'm open to upgrading service if you want it but bear in mind that just adding tracking support will likely double the price of shipping. Using a speedier service will surely raise shipping cost to $25USD and up!
    Of course, if you live near Montreal, Quebec I'm open for a meetup to save on shipping!

I cannot accept any payment via Paypal. Paypal has locked/limited my account. There's nothing I can do about it.

Google Wallet and Amazon Payment are not available in Canada so I cannot use them.

I prefer payments by Bitcoins.
    If you want to set up a Bitcoin wallet and purchase Bitcoins, you can use a service such as Coinbase

if the service is available in your country. If not, there are surely alternatives you can find. LocalBitcoins.com could help you there.
    Price of 1 XBlast Lite V1 Pre-Edition in BTC will be around 0.12BTC which is $48.50USD(depending on the value of BTC that day).

For Canadian, you could also send a payment by E-Interac. I've used it recently and it's really easy and cheap.

I could also accept MoneyGram, Western Union but these are all options that will cost you extra processing fees.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    A Toubib, turfster and ToxicMedz like this.
  2. ToxicMedz

ToxicMedz Enthusiastic Member

3. turfster

turfster i grow grass

Yes
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  4. haverchuck

haverchuck Member

PM sent your way!

5. DavPow

DavPow Newly Registered

Message sent!

6. dan.h

dan.h Active Member

Pm sent!

7. bennydiamond

I never saw that one before. I really laughed!

turfster likes this.
  8. Looney Bin Jim

Looney Bin Jim Spirited Member

The time has finally come people!!!!! PM sent!o_O

turfster likes this.
  9. bennydiamond

Well... Paypal permanently limited my account for selling what they think is an illegal product...

I have to suspend further sales for the time being. Sorry for the let down but it's kind of a bummer. I wish to resolve this situation before doing anything else.

Rest assured that all units already purchased will be honored. They are either already shipped or about to.

In the meantime, if you have any advice to help me restore control of my Paypal account, please tell me!

Ashevent likes this.
  10. Ashevent

Ashevent Site Supporter 2015

Sorry to hear that, wish I knew how to help. Just found this thread and looking forward to these becoming available again. They look and i'm sure perform amazing.

11. billcosbymon

billcosbymon Guru Meditation Error

You could do google pay or bitcoin.

12. Retro Modder

Retro Modder Member

yea lots of modders do amazon checkout or google pay sorry man they got you by the balls on this one. could i send you a money order im in america i don't know if Canada accept these, whenever you have a Paypal listing make sure to tell customers not to put mod-chip in the info tab that's how they got ya probably.https://www.usps.com/international/money-transfers.htm would you accept this?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  13. jinn

jinn Peppy Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  14. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

You didn't use a codeword for it? Paypal doesn't allow any kind of mod device.

Call them and tell them it's a hobby computer like raspberry pi. Call it the Xberry Pi or something...

Pulsar likes this.
  15. mrgreedy98

mrgreedy98 Active Member

16. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

It probably happened because people put in the payment comment "modchip". It rings bells if you get enough of them.
    I have sold a modchip before and the comment mentioned "modchip", however I didn't get picked up. It's probably a volume thing.

17. Pulsar

Pulsar Spirited Member

ahhh noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was broke last week. Should have ordered one anyways I guess... Got the money waiting in paypal now anyways, hopefully you get this resolved

18. turfster

turfster i grow grass

I got my chips today. thanks again Any other form of payment you decide to use is fine by me. Sorry paypal has too many rules.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    ToxicMedz and Pulsar like this.
  19. bennydiamond

I've set up a Bitcoin wallet. You can buy bitcoins and pay with it. I know it's absolutely not the easiest way to buy stuff but it's the best solution I could think of to make continue selling them.

Here in Canada, Google Wallet doesn't accept receiving money and other than Paypal, I don't know any service with which you can send money to people instantly through Credit Card.

20. Nidge

Nidge Spirited Member