Xbox Duke controller designs by Denise Chadhari

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by Syclopse, Mar 23, 2018.

1. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

Its annoying and tacky as fak, I don't want my controller contently doing stupid shit while I hold it :/
    Granted I haven't seen any video of what it actually does but based on the little I know I think it does the flubber boot on it.

Plus there is the fact that it just adds another thing to go wrong on it, i'lll be getting one and seeing if I can rip that thing out :D

EDIT: a lazy google tells me it only does the animation when you press the jewel down? thats not so bad then.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

So I guess you hate Dreamcast VMUs too? And the 3DS and Wii U second screens? TOUGH TITS GET OVER IT

bowser22 and Anthony817 like this.
  3. Arcadia

Arcadia Spirited Member

Hopefully some developer will use the screen as a resource in an Xbox One game, but they can't make it too important for the game because most won't have the Duke. I know Seamus wanted it to be like the DC controller in that way, so maybe he'll convince some developer.

4. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

The VMU stays static unless a game makes use of it, the 3DS uses its second screen for menus or maps, The Wii U I actually do hate since most games just mirror the faken TV! But there are homebrew to disable and fully power off the gamepad screen which I do use so fuck me IRL chief.

Also I was wrong about it being OK that the animation only happens when you press the jewel cause that will be the home button, im back to ripping that shit out and putting in a real jewel or some shiz.

Want to check messages? fluber animoot, checking friends list? fluber plays, looking at achivment? fluber, record a thing? fluber, almost everything you do will make it play.

5. Arcadia

Arcadia Spirited Member

It's probably the button to start and turn off the console.

6. Syclopse

Syclopse .

GameStop is sending out ship notifications today for those that pre-ordered them in February.

7. MoonTar

MoonTar Site Supporter 2014

If I used my Xbox One more I probably would have picked one of these up. Hopefully they make enough of these so they don't end up being scalped like everything else.

8. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

I was going to get one for sure, but they're like $130 AUD here for some bizarre reason. Way too much for a controller.

Shane Battye likes this.
  9. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Mine hasnt shipped

10. Syclopse

Syclopse .

I'd like to get some empty boxes they ship in to hold some of my rare dukes.

11. MoonTar

That is a good idea. Right now I keep several of my Dukes in the those XBL Beta Kit cases. Though I haven't bought one of those in a while since people starting asking more and more for them.

12. Syclopse

Syclopse .

13. MoonTar

Hmmmm, is the box big enough to fit an original Duke with the cord? Looks pretty slick.

And actually just from quick searching these are already being scalped. Oh well. If I pay $100-$200 for a Duke it will only be an original rare version. Haha

14. Syclopse

Syclopse .

Yeah I'd assume as this one has a 9' cable as well.

15. scroeffie

scroeffie Rising Member

16. Anthony817

Anthony817 Dauntless Member

A few projects I would like to see done with this. If people have been able to successfully cram a Raspberry Pi Zero in a Dreamcast VMU for a totally kick ass mini retro gaming system, why not make a mini portable gaming system out of this and a Pi or one of those small HDMI stick windows 10 PC's and display games on the screen? I know somebody out there that likes to tinker will most likely do that. Would make for a great handheld emulator.

The guy I seen made the actual VMU able to be plugged into a DC controller but the controller was more like a dock so it could play games that required more buttons than on the tiny VMU.

Another project that would be cool is to see the guy that makes the unofficial Wireless Dreamcast controllers use one of these. It would be great to use this controller on a Dreamcast imho.