XBOX 360 - Programming glitch chips

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by Sloth, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Sloth

Sloth Active Member

Hello all, do you mind if I call upon your collective expertise again? :)

I've succesfully RGH'd a Jasper 360 previously using a Coolrunner Rev C. Didn't give me any major problems and it's working nicely, so I thought I'd try and gltich a 360 slim (Trinity) next but I'm running into problems with this one.

I've dumped the NAND succesfully, written the ECC and I've come to the stage of programming the chip and installing it. Thing is, I cannot get the chip to program at all. I'd heard that the ACE chips were best for Slim 360's so I have an Ace v3 to try. Every time I attempt to program the chip, JRunner returns "Failed with 0x0002 status error."

I initially tried the method of just holding the pin headers in place during programming and thought that was the problem, but having soldered the pin headers in place and trying again I still get the same error. The chip lights up when connected, so it's getting power. I've checked that the cables are plugged into my NAND-X correctly. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I've read on some forums that the chip should be wired in prior to programming but I didn't need to do that with the Coolrunner, and I've seen people on YouTube program the chip without wiring it in.

I'm using a Ace v3, genuine Team Xecuter NAND-X and JRunner 0.5 (BenMitnicK's modified version). I've ordered a clone JR Programmer too, but that's going to take some time to arrive from China so I'd like to try and get things working with the tools I have at hand if possible.

2. truemaster1

truemaster1 Gutsy Member

nand-x shoudnt have problem program the ace chip. nand-x and jr programmer are the only two that can program ace chips. sure thing ace chip doesnt need to be wired in order to programed. are you sure the timing file you try to flash is correct for the ace?

Sloth likes this.
  3. Sloth

Sloth Active Member

I'm pretty sure the timing files are correct. I can't check exactly what ones I'm trying right now but I'll update later with the details.

Do you have any recommendations for what timing files I should use?

4. truemaster1

truemaster1 Gutsy Member

its been a while since i mess with ace chips. try redownload the timing files maybe the were downloaded corupted. also try to proggram it with older version of jrunner