Xbox 360 ISO/Remote Recoveries & SDKs

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by XeDK, May 18, 2016.

1. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

I'm hoping there is an alpha recovery in my tapes. Found references to Xbox 2 SDK, but no files yet. Will be a bit before I get back to dumping them

Syclopse and karcsi89 like this.
  2. karcsi89

karcsi89 Active Member

That would be sick. I always find stuff from years back on flash drives. I used to be one of those ya now... Easy Techs at staple.. I'd just about walk home with a flash drive every day so I'm religious when it comes to storing on flash drives and not external hdds. so much easier to label them and pop it in a droor =p

3. kingkat

kingkat Robust Member

You have to remember where these files came from. The 21265.18 shadowboot rom that allows access to Prod was made (or at least commissioned and distributed by) the XBL ninja guys so they could advertise XDK support on their service. The files have all been custom made, mostly by a very small group of individuals, some with access to the original internal tools to produce the files and others who have reverse engineered the structure and used their knowledge of the 360 to custom tailor roms for their own purposes. There really aren't any "limits" to the shadowboot rom, it literally gives us raw access almost the entire Xbox 360 boot loader from CB up; it just happens that the public roms floating around have been tailored to some specific use cases.

I don't think anyone has given oscar193 enough credit for what has probably been the biggest official (and by that I mean not leaked, stolen) release in the recent history of the development scene. He actually reverse engineered the shadowboot rom and gave us the tools to do what I was only stepping over in my research; huge props to him. This is exactly the kind of stuff a modding scene thrives on, public information that others can build and learn from, not whispers passed around in private messages.

I'm going to have some free time within the next couple weeks, and what I'd like to do is bring this as far as I can by finishing up on a couple of half-finished ideas I had a while back.

karcsi89, begallegal1 and fate6 like this.
  4. atkfromabove

atkfromabove Rising Member

I have a huge pack of Xbox 360 xdk and recovery versions and files. I don't know if any of the items people are looking for but I'd be happy to share if there is interest. I don't know if this pack is readily available elsewhere. If it is disregard my post!

Here is a screenshot of the NFO file with the list of what is included in the pack. Just right-click the image and open in a new tab to view full size. I didn't want to have the long image take up pages for 1 post.:

gpCmYe.png

XboxSurgeon likes this.
  5. kl0wn

kl0wn <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Benefactor</

Why oh why are there no recovery ISOs for alpha kits? :(

I assume the 1888.0 recovery iso isn't too far away from the last alpha version, but I can't remember

karcsi89 likes this.
  6. drahcir

drahcir Halo Build Enthusiast - Site Supporter 2015

File format would be the issue... Alpha recoveries were xex0 while Beta were xex1, but even then 1888 is final (xex2) if I remember correctly... I have yet to find ISO or Remote for a beta unit myself. Would save the trouble of swapping Beta nands around.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Stipo360 likes this.
  7. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

This was already uploaded around here somewhere, its spread in two mega accounts and there is a torrent we can seed if people need the files.

8. atkfromabove

I'd actually be interested in getting a seed group for the archive in the nfo. I have a few of the versions I'm missing due to them not being seeded any more.

9. fate6

I started seeding it again and will do so on and off for the next few days or so.

Code:
    magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9d4ff4d6af7e1894b3a007bbc637bb10520d25ac&dn=XDK&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80
    EDIT: I uploaded all of it to mega but I have no idea where those links went.

atkfromabove likes this.
  10. atkfromabove

Thanks! I appreciate the link and help! I can just use the magnet link you gave. Don't worry about going to the effort to find the old links unless someone else would be interested in them as well.

Edit: The one you have actually has some additional versions that weren't in my original download! Thanks again.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    fate6 likes this.
  11. atkfromabove

I may actually request those links you mentioned before. The seeds on the pack have halted around 16% for me. If you'd be willing to find them I'd be thankful for the help.

12. fate6

I don't keep my PC on all day ya know, but sure I'll try and find the links later since I'm not at home.

13. atkfromabove

Oh, I didn't realize that the seed was actually coming from you! Sorry if that came across wrong. I thought it was a general group file you had linked to. I will just turn the download back on I can be patient since there is really no rush. Thanks for letting me know about the seeding.

14. fate6

Here is most of that pack but I recall my internet cutting at the end so there is 5 or so remote recoveries missing.

Code:
    https://mega.nz/#F!voIzCAjQ!FoAE6zLRzo2QAoBCDP5dPg
    Code:
    https://mega.nz/#F!LYh0GC7T!MnbNb-YKg5o7JUorImWGKA
    EDIT: You could just download from mega then use the torrent to get the missing ones if you wanted to speed things up.

atkfromabove likes this.
  15. atkfromabove

Will do! I'll get the few missing from the Mega downloaded then use the links above for the rest. Thanks.

16. karcsi89

karcsi89 Active Member

Ever any luck on the search or the tapes?

17. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

I moved, and dont have them here currently, so no, not yet.

CodeAsm likes this.
  18. karcsi89

karcsi89 Active Member

Rgr that. I think i saw you were in the moving process so that is why i waited a month to ask again...I didnt want to pester you. I'll keep my eye open.

19. XeDK

XeDK -___-

Added .17 SDK that is the latest one and may be the last one.

20. slipshod

slipshod Rising Member

Any chance of a re-up of 21256.18 remote? Cheers.

EDIT: NM, found it!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    CodeAsm likes this.