E.EUROPE WTB: PS3 Super Slim Prototype

Discussion in 'Want to Buy Requests (WTB)' started by ltearle, Jun 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ltearle

ltearle Member

Hello,

Before the forum closes I want to put it out there that I am interested in buying one of the prototype PS3 Super SLIM console. I am UK based.

If you have one let me know!

[​IMG]

2. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

The DEH-ML00DAK-G. An elusive piece of Sony and PlayStation history. Very few exist now and the ones that remain were allegedly sold on eBay a number of years ago. Your best call for systems like these are, mathieulh, Intrenz/Developer Jeff or Pixelbutts. A video on YouTube that explains a bit about the system (I think it was Freako and Pixelbutts that collaborated. Another video I believe surfaced was done by PtoPOnline otherwise known as Borman) might tell you more about it. If it helps, I'd suggest even placing this on ObscureGamers. It might increase your chances. I hope this helps and good luck with your search for a Super Slim prototype!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  3. tichua

tichua Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

I did a reverse search and found that the photo that you posted was from here.
    https://www.rosecoloredgaming.com/shop/ps3-proto/

the site shows the item is in stock so maybe you can contact the store to purchase it. Not sure about the pricing, got rid of all my stuff and stopped collecting years ago after Kevin (Assembler) doxed me and gave me lots of troubles.

4. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

I dont even know what these go for at this point, but I know it would require quite a bit to get me to sell (not 4.5k, granted I dont have a box hah)

finalkillcams likes this.
  5. ltearle

ltearle Member

Never thought to do that! :confused: I am unsure if I could go for that price, seems high but then again who can say! Would we say four figure? Maybe less?

6. tichua

I have no idea on pricing as we don't see it for sale often. I only saw it once on ebay 2-3 yrs ago and that was the listing @Borman bought. Wishing you best of luck in acquiring one.

7. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

I didnt get mine on Ebay, so it was probably someone else. When they were more common, you could find them for 500-800, but less and less are coming for sale.

finalkillcams likes this.
  8. tichua

Sorry @Borman , I thought yours was from that one sale that has 2-3 systems on ebay. My apologies.

9. Intrenz

Intrenz Algorithmic Engineer

Hello, the system Freako and Pixel had is now in my possession along with a couple others. These systems are actually pretty rare, a very short run was produced "They were never intended to be kept or used as a final design" I can tell you that less than 20 still exist. All in all there were I believe 10-11 for sale on ebay at various prices. A small number 2-3 were private sales, and there's the one for sale by Vandalsgames "Scandalgames" thats the one that is on that rose colored gaming website btw I strongly encourage against purchasing from this individual as his prices are hyper inflated and you wouldn't be getting a fair deal. I have one with a box, one without and the one freako had but I cannot sell any sony hardware personally. If one does pop up youd be looking at about 1,000$ USD onwards for it though since most of the remaining number are already in collections around the world. I did a teardown on the one I bought off of Freako that I posted on my twitter page @OfficialIntrenz for those curious about it. Best of luck but it will be a while before one turns up for sale at a reasonable price, so be patient.

-Jeff

10. ltearle

ltearle Member

I have been following your thread actually and it's amazing stuff. Thank you for the information. And what's that... THREE?! :eek: I need your skills.

I agree with the current estimate on price. I will keep a lookout and hope once comes up. It's here now! So hopefully someone will see it :)

11. Intrenz

Intrenz Algorithmic Engineer

This forum closes very soon so my advice is to check out obscuregamers and post this there and make an account since this website is shutting down. I appreciate the feedback btw.

Traace likes this.
  12. ltearle

ltearle Member

I've done it. Fingers crossed that one will show up, send me a pm there!

13. someguyihate

someguyihate Member

I'm curious, I swear at an old job we had a bunch of ps4 test kits that had the exact same case as this, are they rare as well?

14. ltearle

ltearle Member

Still not found one! I know they are out there :cool: