OTHER WTB PS2 Duo3 Ultra Modchip

Discussion in 'Want to Buy Requests (WTB)' started by psydefx, Apr 20, 2019.

1. psydefx

psydefx Peppy Member

need one (or two) new sealed duo 3 ultra modchips

2. Jei

Jei Rising Member

Wouldn't bother to be honest, they have issues with PS1 booting on some models despite being final toxic. Reach out to @badad84 and grab something decent like a Crystal or Ghost 2 if you're after something different.

3. psydefx

psydefx Peppy Member

read they work best on a scph-90001 which is why i want one

4. 1nick9

1nick9 Member

i think u have the duo and mars mixed up. mars from memory is the dms clone i think. duo is magic ice modified code. i have used the mars on 90002 n does boot everything fine tho no colour fix for imports ps2 games so need tv that supports pal/ntsc as will output the games video mode. ps1 imports didnt apply the y screen fix so off centre. not sure bout duo3 been yrs since seen one.

5. Jei

Jei Rising Member

Didn’t get them mixed up, it should have read final ice not final toxic......it is duo 3’s including ultras that have issues.

Mars Pro’s are solid but useless in pal machines for the reason you state above. Just not worth it these days when you can still pick up Modbos, crystal and Ghosts that do everything and display correctly on all regions

6. 1nick9

1nick9 Member

yeah i gave the mars pro a go in 90002 due to the modbos in those (4.0 v1.93 also 5.0) sending the lens into bit of fit when reading cd based games, never done any damage n games still work but dont like doing them for premods due to that so avoid 9000x for premods i sell(still will mod em for customers tho but not for sale), love the 7900x with how neat the install comes out as perfect layout of modbo n the mb points (and love showing off those dvd/cd points for brag points on install pics heh).
    shame the mars did that with the ps1 imports, with the y screen (pal ps2 n ntsc ps1) as they dont send the lens into bit of fit with the cd based stuff on 9000x. also seems the mars stopped production, seem to have disappeared from listings.

im in au so do pal, done the odd ntsc when come in bundle n noticed with the modbo 4.0 the colour correction needs to be turned off as does ntsc50 with pal, with it off just does games video mode.

also have noticed modbo 4.0 v1.93 dont always do the y screen fix with ps1 games. not all but have observed a few over yrs of doing them, so always tell ppl if wanna play lot of ps1 get a ps1 (which of course i also sell premod) but the odd ps1 game it'll be fine

7. psydefx

psydefx Peppy Member

can you confirm if mars pro boot anti-mod psx games on the 9000x ps2?

8. 1nick9

1nick9 Member

nah can't sorry, only ever installed one of them to try and being pal region has the y screen fix issue so haven't installed any again and don't plan to due to that issue. was unaware it was pal console only issue.

9. psydefx

psydefx Peppy Member

think pal/ntsc 9000x series ps2 same

10. 1nick9

1nick9 Member

if u read jei reply (hadnt clicked on the nick but remember seeing him doing alot with ps2 installs over the yrs on forums) he confirms the issue i had with the mars pro on pal 9000x with ps1 imports n y screen fix. from what he said that issue only effects the pal consoles with mars.

psydefx likes this.
  11. bart_simpson

bart_simpson Dauntless Member

duo chip i have is good never had any issues