AUS/NZ WTB: PlayStation 3 20GB (CECHB00/B01/B07)

Discussion in 'Want to Buy Requests (WTB)' started by FromAllAspects, Jan 17, 2019.

1. FromAllAspects

FromAllAspects PlayStation Collector

Hi all,

I've finally decided after much consideration that I'm currently enquiring if anyone has any 20GB PlayStation 3's. The only problem I've found with these units is that they are immensely rare and finding one with a box with all the contents is impossible (especially in good working order and cosmetic condition; scratches are perfectly fine, you can't stop it from happening on Piano Black trim). If anyone has a 20GB PlayStation 3 with the original box and all the contents (including the Ethernet and AV add on connector), and if possible, but it's fine if it's not possible, but a desired firmware would be 2.80 and below, please don't hesitate to give me a message.

I'll send an image for reference.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

Attached Files:

2. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

I noticed you put "AUS/NZ" in the title - you do know that model was never sold in the PAL territories and you will have to get a Japanese or US one?

3. FromAllAspects

Hi TriMesh,

Yes, I fully understand. I thought this was to explain that I come from Australia. The 20GB's never came to PAL territories, only the 60GB did and that wasn't even full backwards compatibility (software, not hardware). That's why I put in the headline the following, "CECHB00/B01/B07". Our region number in Australia is "02". If I can't find one here, I'll look elsewhere. Thanks for your reply, TriMesh. I appreciate it.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

4. Jei

Jei Rising Member

I have a 20GB USA machine that I’ve owned from launch, fully boxed with 2 of the original sixaxis controllers and it’s in lovely condition. However I’d expect due to weight it would be very costly to ship from the UK

5. FromAllAspects

Bump. I think the deal with the last fellow user of this site fell through who claimed to have one didn't respond to any messages after asking what the process was behind PayPal Gift. If you're reading this, please don't hesitate to respond. I'd like to take yours off your hands, it seems like the perfect 20GB, especially in a complete condition as you claim it is. If anyone has a 20GB PlayStation 3 (either the standalone or the one of 500,000 version; the one that came with the movie Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby) and is genuinely looking to sell, give me a message and I'll be sure to respond as soon as I can. I've been a collector that has been partially dedicated to collecting PlayStation 3's (mostly Fat models; and the now elusive backwards compatible SKU's), such as 60GB's (software versions at the moment, CECHC02's; the closest thing I've got to a retail hardware version is the DECHA00A, I love that thing to bits. Hahaha) since 2015. For the time being I'm happy to wait for the perfect one to appear as I currently own a 60GB PlayStation 3 with OFW 2.76 (now fully working; Blu-Ray drive mechanism and laser failure). As I said earlier, without being so boring (you'll have to forgive me for my geekiness. Hahaha), if anyone has a 20GB PlayStation 3 with the box (it doesn't matter what firmware version it is, but the main firmwares I'm looking for are 2.80 and below), please don't hesitate to leave a message. I'll be more than happy to own one of these awesome looking units (it's a shame they never came to Australia), as I've been looking for one since 2015 with little to no success.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

6. Intrenz

Intrenz Algorithmic Engineer

I actually have several "Boxed/Unboxed all Mint" but unfortunately I do not sell anything as it all has a purpose.
    That said I can look for you and if I do find anything let you know, most important thing is what are you looking to spend on one. Price greatly determines condition, ect. Best of luck with your search! Likewise if you find any Z series units let me know ;) Jk they've never surfaced in the wild.

FromAllAspects likes this.
  7. Jei

Jei Rising Member

I have responded - Not everyone has time to go on the forum every single day. I understand your eagerness however understand some of us do have quite demanding personal life's.

If that's a problem then please look elsewhere.

bowser22 likes this.
  8. MAkJapan

MAkJapan Robust Member

I have 2 minty CECHB00 japanese ones (1 for collection and 1 used just a little bit to check how it was) with firmware 3.55 if I remeber well that can be brought back to 1.00 that is the original firmware of the night of the mighty launch 11/11/2006 in Tokyo when I was there to cover the event (crazy night - still I have the videofootage of more than +1,30 hr)

imho the best ones because are TOTALLY black

Here some photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/167399582@N02/albums/72157706342480694/with/31991748257/[​IMG]

Mak

FromAllAspects and Syclopse like this.
  9. FromAllAspects

PM'd!

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

10. FromAllAspects

Hi Jei,

I've PM'd you about the matter. Please reply to me when you can. I'm not going to force you to reply immediately as what it may have been perceived as last time.

Kind regards,

FromAllAspects

11. Jei

Jei Rising Member

No problem all sorted and photos sent

12. MAkJapan

MAkJapan Robust Member

@admins: I think we have got a problem here,

I am sad to report to @admin that FromAllAspects (aka William) is NOT non serious buyer,

As by the thread soon as he contacted me, asked me to buy the PS3 20 GB at different conditions at which he said on the thread (he never not mentioned fairly in the thread that we was going to pay in 2-3 months!)

and even if accepted because I exposed myself publicly I logically requested at least a deposit for this big waiting..

FromAllAspects (aka William) disappeared,

and now I discover right here on the forum thread that in the meanwhile he was dealing with me (making me wait while he disappeared) as you can see he was dealing with the previous buyer (not even mentioning it to me! While I - for correctness - was waiting freezing all the others requests incoming),

I attached for transparency for all the fellow members his messages so it can be clear his misleading way of business conduct so they do not have to have the same unfair treatment..

It is NOT FAIR and NOT professional to act in this Way WILLIAM, (aka FromAllAspects) in front of all the other forum's members (not just the seller who was correctly waiting for you, and the other possible buyers who was not in the condition to buy the PS2 20 GB you were blocking with your deceiving behaviour)

Mak

Attached Files:

13. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

While there's no active admin, it's definitely good to give us a heads up. Thanks

MAkJapan likes this.
  14. MAkJapan

MAkJapan Robust Member

Hey Speedyink,

That' s the minimum I can do, guys,

I believe We do not deserve to be treated like that,

Btw I personally informed the admin so he can take proper measures (proofs are evident) so we do not have to face again a timewasting behaviour like that,

Mak