US WTB - IS-NITRO-CAPUTE (Nintendo DS Capture Unit)

Discussion in 'Want to Buy Requests (WTB)' started by SGC, Dec 27, 2018.

1. SGC

SGC Member

Hello, I've been looking for an IS-NITRO-CAPTURE unit. Would anyone happen to be willing to sell one?
    It's the official DS video capture method distributed by Nintendo to gaming journalists, ect back in the day to allow them to capture footage, and screenshots directly from the hardware.
    The most I'm willing to pay is around 320 USD. Thanks.

2. Denryu

Denryu マスコット

What hardware options are you looking for?
    Wireless option = local wireless and Wi-Fi instead of wired connection
    USG option = DS lite controller

Oh, and don't forget IS-NITRO-CAPTURE does not capture any audio, so if you need that, you may want to look into getting IS-TWL-CAPTURE instead.

3. SGC

SGC Member

Well, now that you mention it, I didn't really think about any specific options.
    I don't really care too much for the wireless option, but that might be a nice addition that I wouldn't mind having.
    As for the DS lite controller, either the NTR-001 controller, or the DS lite controller is fine with me,
    as long as the unit it's self is in fairly good shape.

Now as for the audio, I had no idea it didn't capture audio, so thanks for notifying me about that detail.
    In all honest, that is kind of a detriment to it's use to me, which kind of gives me second thoughts,
    although I still am interested in buying one due to the sheer novelty of it.

About the IS-TWL-CAPTURE, the fact that it can capture audio, does make it more appealing to me.
    So I can probably say that I would be especially interested in any offers for that unit, at a fair price, of course.
    Not sure if I'd need to make another thread for that, but if not I'm interested if anyone offers one of those here.

4. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Audio works fine out of the multiout. Just no audio over USB capture.

5. SGC

SGC Member

Ah, I'm even more interested again in buying one, in that case.
    That works just fine.

6. Borman

The best way to capture from Svideo is using two capture cards btw, the one port output is bad. I uploaded some video using the two ports over the years.

Denryu likes this.
  7. SGC

SGC Member

I think I'll probably use USB capture most of the time, actually.
    Thanks for advice though.
    Is there any advantage to capturing over Svideo, compared to using USB capture?

8. Borman

Compatibility. Im pretty sure the Nitronsoftwsre only works on XP, although I can't recall spending much time tinkering with 7 or higher. I honestly don't use the USB capture very often.

9. SGC

SGC Member

Oh, I have no issue with that.
    I'm sure it'll be just fine.
    I've had an IS Nitro Emulator For the past year, and I've been using the software for that just fine on Windows 10, to test my custom content for Mario Kart DS, for example.

It sounds more like the software you're using for it is outdated.
    So, if I must be honest any limitations with the software you have is irrelevant to me.

I'm just interested in purchasing one of these units, not only for personal use, but for preservation, and research.
    If anyone is willing to sell one to me, the only information that concerns me is the features the unit has, what condition the unit is in, and most importantly if it's known to be in working order.

Again, I'm offering 320 US Dollars for one of these unit, plus I can pay for shipping, if required.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  10. SGC

SGC Member