RU WTB: Crash Bandicoot, Crash Team Racing/CTR - alpha, beta, preview, review discs; PS-X - dev stuff

Discussion in 'Want to Buy Requests (WTB)' started by Twilight, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Twilight

Twilight Site Supporter 2015

CRASH BANDICOOT - alpha, beta, debug, preview, review etc versions for the PlayStation/PS1/PSX

I'm looking for the prototypes, alpha, beta, debug, preview, review etc versions of Crash Bandicoot and Crash Team Racing/CTR developed by Naughty Dog for the PlayStation/PSX/PS1.

Crash Bandicoot
    Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
    Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
    Crash Team Racing/CTR

I'm also interested in Crash Bash so feel free to offer me any original preview/review discs with this game too.

Please do not offer any fakes or hacks and do not offer any already leaked builds on the CD-Rs which you recorded from them. If you have the original media of any already leaked builds then I'm very interested in it. Any Japanese prototypes and half-translated versions are also very welcome!

The discs may be numbered or may have the name of the reviewer on them. The stuff is really old so please don't worry about it. Any discs with uncovered confidential information like numbers or names will not be showed in the Internet. They also will not be re-sold as ISOs.

ABOUT PROTECTION! The most of Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot: Warped and Crash Team Racing builds were protected by hardware dongles. Not all but the most of them. Some of the builds were protected by special modified PlayStation controllers and some of the builds were protected by special PlayStation memory cards. It looks like at least one build was protected even by both (twice). I understand the situation when you have the disc and can't test it because you don't have the dongle. I'm ready to buy these discs as is!

I'm still looking for the buyers of the discs from the first page of this thread. The first disc looks like late PAL beta build of the first game and the second disc looks like late NTSC beta build of the second game. I'm still very interested in them so please contact me if you have one of these discs now and can leave it for a good amount of money.

MVC-008S-34.jpg MVC-027S-16.jpg

CRASH BANDICOOT - demo and promo discs

Crash Bandicoot 2 [NTSC/J, PCPX 96098, NOT FOR SALE/DEMO CD] - still sealed copy only!
    Crash Bandicoot 3 [NTSC/J, PCPX 96145, NOT FOR SALE/DEMO CD] - still sealed copy only!
    Crash Bandicoot 3 [NTSC/J, PCPX 90700, NOT FOR SALE/DEMO CD] - in Maxi-CD case! Still sealed copy would be the best but I don't have this edition in any condition.
    Crash Bandicoot Racing [NTSC/J, PCPX 96183, NOT FOR SALE/DEMO CD] - still sealed copy only!
    Crash Bandicoot Carnival [NTSC/J, PCPX 96202 , NOT FOR SALE/DEMO CD] - still sealed copy only!

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped ["Toys R Us - Test Drive" DEMO CD, SCUS-94289]
    - still sealed copy only!
    Crash Team Racing ["Toys R Us - Test Drive" DEMO CD, SCUS-94459] - Also... Still sealed copy would be the best but I don't have this edition in any condition.
    Crash Bash [DEMO CD, SCUS-94616] - the only known disc has simple white sleeve with window but it could also be released in "Toys R Us - Test Drive" sleeve.

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped - US PRESS KIT - I have seen it but it was just an empty folder so I left it. Looking for complete one.

Crash Dancing!! [Japanese VHS, PAPX-99001] - Never seen any for sale but its front cover can be found via Google.

Also looking for any kind of VHS/Betacam etc tapes with Crash Bandicoot stuff used for broadcasting or promotion. Japanese, American, European - this is not important.

I have some preview/review discs with some good games so trade is always possible. I will trade prototypes only to Crash Bandicoot prototypes or something extremely special.

PS-X - documentation and software

DTL-D520 - Hardware Guide/OS Handbook Version 1.0
    DTL-D530 - PSY-Q Development Environment Version 1.0
    DTL-D540 - Library Reference Version 1.0 Vol.1
    DTL-D550 - Library Reference Version 1.0 Vol.2
    DTL-S210 - Sprite Editor Version 1.0
    DTL-S220 - 3D Graphics Tool Version 1.0

dtl-book.jpg

I need these folders to finish my Japanese PS-X set! I know it's near impossible but I believe in miracles. :) Good money will be offered for them.

DTL-S560 - Runtime Library Update 2

I have found an information about this CD-ROM in my old papers. The document is dated by April 1994 so it looks like another thing from PS-X era.

DTL-H200 - PS-X (開発コード) Graphics Artist Board

Complete mint card with perfect box would be the best.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. Twilight

3. DreamTR

DreamTR Enthusiastic Member

PM sent

4. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

I have a PAL PS1 version somewhere........

5. Twilight

Beta? For sale?

6. DreamTR

I have a US Crash 2 I think somewhere, but I won't be getting to that for months...

7. Buyatari

Somewhere.

I'm not a PAL collector so it really could be anywhere. Its on an official sony cdr IIRC.

8. Twilight

Please let me know if you find it. :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  9. DreamTR

I'm sure BuyAtari and I both have this problem, but unless offers are "good" for items, we can't dig and search because a lot of stuff we have is bured away deep in closets and such.

10. Buyatari

Even he offered me $5000 that disc won't turn up anytime soon unless its just pure luck. Its a PAL disc that ended up who knows where. Talk about a needle in a haystack. This is a piece of hay in a haystack !!

although as DreamTr said an outstanding offer does help!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  11. Twilight

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  12. Buyatari

This is what I found but it is PAL so I can not test it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Twilight

PM sent!

14. Twilight

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  15. Mark30001

Mark30001 Guest

You can test it on an......... EMULATOR! :icon_bigg

16. Buyatari

I guess I could if I had an emulator.

Disc is sold. Waiting for payment.

17. Twilight

18. Twilight

I'm willing to pay well if the new owner of the disc is planing to re-sell it!

19. Buyatari

I found an NTSC part 2. It is dated 9/24/97

[​IMG]

let me test this one and get some pictures up

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  20. Twilight

It's review... Hm...