WTB Amiga computers

Discussion in 'Want to Buy Requests (WTB)' started by Anhaedra, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Anhaedra

Anhaedra Active Member

Not picky on which model. If anyone has one they'd like to sell, PM me, please.

2. diddydonn

diddydonn Familiar Face

What do you need?

i Currently have

2x Amiga 500's
    1x Amiga 600
    1x Amiga 1200 with hdd
    1x Non-booting 1500 desktop

and possibly a CDTV

Are you in the UK? as if it were anywhere else shipping maybe a problem

I also have a crate of around 500 or so discs, some original games, some PD stuff etc

DD

3. oli_lar

oli_lar Resolute Member

I have a couple of A500s and accessories if you want to take them. In the UK.

4. Anhaedra

Anhaedra Active Member

I am in the USA :(

How much do they weigh?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  5. diddydonn

diddydonn Familiar Face

HEAVY! is the simplest answer, the powerbricks alone is are over 1kg each (and the 1500 desktop weighs in at just under 10kg), really with the cost of shipping overseas it would simply not be econimical to post them unfortunatly x-(

6. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Plus you'd most likely need a step-up to run a UK machine. Not sure as I haven't looked at my Amigas in years, but I doubt they're dual range.

You are probably best off looking in the ads in your local paper / supermarket, and on eBay. We may have some US members with machines, but you'll probably want them to be local as they are heavy beasts!

7. tubo

tubo Robust Member

i second that. Unless you are after a high spec machine, the low spec ones are incredibly common. If you are looking at accelerator boards, i would look in Europe as adoption of those was a lot higher, and IIRC , the best accelerator boards were only manufactured in Germany anyway (by a company named Phase5, to my knowledge they built the only well-working 68060 card for the 1200 and 4000).

tubo

8. Anhaedra

Anhaedra Active Member

Yeah I've been looking around locally for a while, but nothing shows up... :\

9. tubo

tubo Robust Member

Theres several A500's on ebay.com.

In Europe on ebay UK, theres likely hundreds, as it was really popular in Europe. Every kid had one, me too at the time :) I was a diehard Amiga fan later on, and spent like ~15000 USD on my main Amiga machine. Pity i sold it when i was broke about 6 yrs ago, it was a great machine.

cries silently
    tubo

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  10. Storm

Storm Robust Member

Amiga 1000's with memory expansions are a bit harder to get. I gave away the only one I had to another local collector last year. I don't have enough space for stuff I don't use. :-/

11. Princess-Isabela

Princess-Isabela Peppy Member

go for A1200 with accelerator board(the most reasonable priced would be Blizzard 1230/50mhz, but if you have $ rolls that would choke a dinosaur Blizzard 1260/60 would be the best, add 256mb ram and it's going to be a monster), A1200 has aga chipset(just like A4000 and CD-32) and it will play games beautifully! if you'd like Amiga CD-32 console, that would be perfect as far as gaming is concerned. Amiga Systems are FANTASTIC!

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  12. Blur2040

Blur2040 Game Genie

I've been after an Amiga or a Commodore 64 locally for quite awhile. They just don't seem to come up much in the US.

I'm particularly surprised that I can never find a 64...