Worst Video Game News Outlet

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by MBMM, Oct 1, 2015.

1. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Especially those @fate6 and @MBMM guys. If there ever was a need for a user purge...

Digmac and fate6 like this.
  2. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64 or your money back

This is true on many levels. Why bother reading a middleman's report when the source of information is directly out in the open?

It's one thing if, say, IGN took a trip to a Japanese Nintendo R&D department to shoot a behind-the-scenes video.

If it's "20 Reasons Why the New x Will Be AMAZING"? The simple, mature answer is to kill it with fire.

3. MachineCode

MachineCode The Devil

A couple reasons. 1 being that people have to find and keep track of all the companies making games and hardware at any given time in order to know who to check up on rather than just going to a general gaming site and seeing articles about it which can also link to those first hand sources as well. Basically the reason for any news site, paper, or program. Another being that you are never going to hear anything bad about a game or device from the people that make it. Everything is amazing, revolutionary, exactly what you want, buy it!!!! Lastly, even if you don't listen to what the developers are saying about their own products and just looking at it, you can only really judge whether or not you like the graphics and concept without any objective reports as to the gameplay, fun factor, controls, etc.

The press is far from perfect as we can clearly see or else we wouldn't be in a thread about how much they suck, but press done well can be very useful and enjoyable. I just hope somebody comes along to do it right.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  4. Kid Marine

Kid Marine The Future Is In Eggs

Polygon is probably the worst of the lot. They manage to be incredibly pretentious and smug whilst writing their clickbait.

Honestly a better question would be are there any good gaming news outlets?

5. Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer Active Member

Polygon just published an article by The Kooch called "I don't care if Star Wars Battlefront is good."

https://archive.is/YnfLE

6. Punch

Punch RIP AsssemblerGames, never forget.

After all these years they still refuse to acknowledge Ikegami Tsushinki in their Donkey Kong article, which was previously mentioned as "fringe theory" and now is "some sources claim...". For me this is all the proof I need to ignore them.

I still lol at something I remember from its discussion page which was something like this:
    "Well Ikegami is written right at the rom of the arcade board"
    "That's not proof enough -- you're not asking us to PIRATE the game to check it are you?"

7. Operationgamer17

Operationgamer17 Member

GameInformer. Lately, it seems that they have been biased toward anything that isn't made by Activision, or if it is by Activision, towards anything that's not Call of Duty. Read their Sonic Generations review for a good example.