Worms 3D beta (10/10/03)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by D_Ban, May 23, 2016.

1. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

~No longer on this site.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  2. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Awesome release, thanks!

D_Ban likes this.
  3. wombat

wombat SEGA!

Financially SEGA was really shaky around the release of Worms 3D, resulting in SEGA not publishing many of their (own) games (Acclaim and Atari took care of the majority). Perhaps this pressing you have is a time testament of that, showing the game in a "published by SEGA"-state. We've seen with your Sonic 06 findings that SEGA is not shy of removing a logo shortly before going gold ;)

D_Ban likes this.
  4. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Good point, Another odd thing is the final build still contains many left over test files even an E3 image. There's left over .bat files to create zip files and in the final there's a .zip containing some .csv's. There's less files in this beta which is rather odd.

5. wombat

wombat SEGA!

You just have to love all these left over files hiding in plain sight :)

D_Ban likes this.
  6. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

I found 5 more unused FMV's within this. But they aren't really worth uploading.

7. kennypecheur

kennypecheur Site Supporter 2016

Thanks a lot for the share !

D_Ban likes this.
  8. gaming247

gaming247 Site Supporter 2015

Great post, thanks! I wonder if this was related to when Sega had to take over publishing after Acclaim went bankrupt.

But I think the timeline is off, because if this is from 2003 it's before the bankruptcy.

D_Ban likes this.
  9. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

Not a problem! :) And the SEGA intro is in before the Acclaim one. So it seems SEGA pulled the plug within the last 4 weeks of coding. The SEGA intro is completely removed from the final. (Including the SEGA FMV.) The Acclaim one isn't even in this beta also which is pretty odd that it changed this late.

But like @wombat said SEGA have a habit of this. My Sonic 06 360 review build which had bitrot had changes made within the last 7 hours before retail. The SonicTeam logo was removed from the final.

gaming247 likes this.
  10. gaming247

gaming247 Site Supporter 2015

After the bankruptcy, didn't Sega end up with it again? I remember there being 2 publisher variations, the Acclaim one and another.

That would be funny if they tried to give it away only to be stuck with it a year or so later.

D_Ban likes this.
  11. D_Ban

D_Ban Robust Member

I'm not quite sure on that, Not a Worms fan myself only got this as a part of a lot but thought i'd share with everybody since it saves being lost forever.

I do know the final version for gamecube is a mess of files, random test files, .zip files .bat files to create zips, Even copy of file.xxx bits all over.

gaming247 likes this.