Wonderwitch development

Discussion in 'Game Development General Discussion' started by haliway, Jun 4, 2015.

1. haliway

haliway Rising Member

Hi everybody,

I have this devkit for wonderswan in my closet since like 7 years. I would like to start a project with it but i have few questions :

- I would like to start my project on a Mac Book Air using VirtualBox or VMWare to host a Windows XP VM. My concern is the serial port... Is it possible to use a serial to usb cable converter and still be able to use the connected cartridge through the transfer tool from the devkit ? (SDK within a VM if possible otherwise on my desktop if the virtualization layer prevents me from using the devkit with serial to usb converter).

- Do you know if i could even go further and use the Wonderwitch SDK (on the provided CD) with an emulator (Trap15 dumped the cartridge but i dont know if any emulator like OswanJ can run it) ?

- Do you know where i could find the Magic Book Second Edition and the mini color programming manual in pdf ? And possibly translated in english (otherwise google translate) ?

2. Fumikon

Fumikon Newly Registered

Hello! I hope that you are still interested in the WonderWitch.
    I've had to write many emails in Japanese to get the latest software, so I wouldn't be surprised if you're still looking for everything.
    I'm using a usb-to-db9 cable and it works just fine.
    The problem is that Oswan is a WonderSwan emulator and you must emulate the WonderWitch cartridge BIOS.
    The only WonderWitch emulator available is MiracleMage and it only supports B&W mode.
    Here is the WonderWitch CD, the latest update, the latest magical book and the cd that comes with the programming book.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Shuji, st! and SONIC3D like this.
  3. SONIC3D

SONIC3D Spirited Member

Thank you very much @Fumikon !
    The updated resource is really precious,as official site has the user center and download section removed for quite a long time.