Women not allowed to play in Hearthstone tournament

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by blueshogun96, Jul 2, 2014.

1. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Robust Member

I don't understand why people commonly equate [financial] success to "luck". Maybe that old, fat, bald, white guy worked his behind off for years to own a team?

Shogun.

2. artillery_ghosted

artillery_ghosted Gutsy Member

I do not watch traditional sports, but too many enjoy them to discard them. Defending competitive gaming was what I was doing.

3. blotter12

blotter12 <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

At least in the american "big 4", you can't just buy a team. First, there are only so many teams. Second, you have to be approved by a board of other old, fat, bald white guys. It's NOT a meritocracy and money is only one part of owning a team. For example, the MLB (owners) won't even approve Mark Cuban to own a team, despite the financial success he's had in general, and the on the court success he's had with the Dallas Mavericks.

This is also the same league that let Jeffrey Loria run the Expos into the ground and screw Montreal out of a franchise and rewarded him with millions of dollars and the Florida Marlins. Today, he puts no money into that team, left the taxpayers with the bill for a beautiful stadium that no one wants to go to, but he'll still make money hand over fist because of the profit sharing in the MLB.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014