Wolfenstein 3D Genesis

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by beyre, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64 or your money back

The 32X port of Doom wasn't all that bad. I tested some of those Doom 32X prototypes that were found by drx and the oldest two alphas (they were from around September 1994) actually had the game full screen. The game was fairly complete from what I saw (the first two levels were completely playable), there was no sfx yet (though in the second oldest one there was a very basic version of the Doom music, nothing else), but the frame rate was really sluggish once you approached a lot of enemies. This has to tell you either they couldnt speed it up, or Doom 32X was rushed like many other 32X games.

Still, it's a good port, and definitely better than the SNES version (save the music).

Wolfenstein on the Genesis is possible. It wouldn't look that pretty, but possible nonetheless (thinks of that Duke 3D port from Tec Toy :p).

Perhaps the SVP chip could've made for a good Genesis port of Wolfenstein.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  2. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  3. Eviltaco64

How have I never heard of that game?
    It looks outstanding for a Genesis title!

4. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

Damn impressive for the Genny.

5. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

I have to admit that I'd never seen that either. Surprised there's not more noise about it online.

6. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

HOw old are you guys? How on earth could you have never heard of Toy Story? It's also on the SFC / SNES and looks even better. The company behind it are UK Liverpool based Travellers Tails, the same very talented guys behind Sonic R, Sonic 3D, The Lego Star Wars etc games as well as many other great games.

Yakumo

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  7. Druidic teacher

x

8. PhreQuencYViii

PhreQuencYViii Champion of the Forum

That game was pretty fun, with the first person levels and stuff. I hated the RC car levels, as a kid I could never beat them. It seems old disney games were fun but they would eventually spike up in difficulty so hard it was wierd they were geared to kids.

9. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

:rolleyes:
    Of course I'm aware of the movie, I've watched it a bunch of times. I avoided the game because the chances of it being anything other than trash was very slim. Looks like I was mistaken.

10. Druidic teacher

x

11. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

A lot of Mickey Mouse games are surprisingly fun. I have a particular soft spot for Castle of Illusion on the SMS. A mate had Aladdin for the Megadrive, it never did much for me, but it was clearly a decent game. I'm not sure about the 16-bit era being good for cartoons in general, though... I can't think of anything else worth mentioning.

12. PhreQuencYViii

PhreQuencYViii Champion of the Forum

Yeah, they weren't best games ever but at least back then you could play a movie/cartoon based game and chuckle at it. I used to only rent games as a kid so it wasn't a problem renting Pocahontas....which if I remember right glitched me out of the level and froze the game. lol.

13. Eviltaco64

I remember the movie completely, it's that Genesis/SNES game I never heard of ;)

Hrm, the only Mickey Mouse game I have is Mickey Mousecapade for the NES, good game.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  14. skavenger216

Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse for the SNES was pretty good also.

15. sonik

sonik Site Supporter 2013

The prototypes have the "c:\>" message when you beat level 15?

16. c_rpg

c_rpg Spirited Member

It might have been possible to do this. It would have probably taken them a long time, but if it were uncensored it would have sold much more than the snes version.

Yeah I remember playing Aladdin and The Lion King and both of them were great. The only problem with all of these games was that they were a bit to hard for the usual age group that would play these games :110:
    Take Mickey's Castle of Illusion for example, when I used to play it I thought it was damn hard. I had a great time playing it but never actually finished it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  17. randyrandall

randyrandall Guest

God, memories of Toy Story on the MD.. I never realised how impressive it was for the MD at the time; watching it again in awe!

18. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

Alladin, Pinocchio, The Lion King, etc, rocked:p

19. skavenger216

Ahhh shit i forgot about The Lion King. Now that i think about it, there were a bunch of good platformers in the 16-bit era based on movies. ( Also some shit ones however, play Waynes World for a good example of a shitty 16-bit movie platformer)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  20. madhatter256

madhatter256 Illustrious Member

THat game was too hard for me at the time. Lion King on the other hand was easy until the very last level.