Will protos and other unreleased games run on Everdrive MD /Mega Everdrive?

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by nesboy43, Sep 29, 2012.

1. MaxWar

MaxWar <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

Haha, so true.
    Its not even that expensive considering the stuff you get.
    As retro fans, we should all buy these quality indie games as much as possible.
    Its a blessing to have new games for our old systems.
    If we don't buy them, who else will? I want these small companies to continue making games.

I dont have an everdrive yet.
    But i plan to get one, if only to play translated Langrisser II on my real sega :p

2. butfluffy

butfluffy Robust Member

cheers for the hold mode button tip. i will try that out :) is pier solar for sale in the uk? if so and is not silly price i might get one :)

3. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

The only place I see them besides eBay for stupid prices (no FleaBay search, I don't want "piercing"! Dumbasses...) is here: http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/factory/pier-solar_1/ I can't tell any more than that since I'm not about to get it ATM.

4. nesboy43

nesboy43 Active Member

Thanks for the information, glad to hear that protos do run fine, looking forward to getting one of these in the future.

5. nesboy43

nesboy43 Active Member

Just wanted to say, got mine a few days ago and playing protos on this has been excellent. I've played Virtua Hamster 32x, Sonic 2 Prototype (with hidden palace and wood zone), and Sonic Crackers no problem whatsoever. One thing to know for anyone trying sonic crackers is that you have to skip the Sega logo when it pops up because the game crashes on real hardware cause there is no sound file allocated to play and it freezes, you just have to hit the start button.

Also, note that if you are trying to play an out of region game that the 32x does not work, so put it into the genesis directly for that. Otherewise you will get a "soft key..." error.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  6. lnx64

lnx64 Robust Member

Ahem, "sound file"?

ROMs don't use files.

7. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

That's because the Megakey doesn't work through the 32X. It don't hardly work for me period. I just use my trusty region mod or Game Genie codes to alter region to US NTSC or JAP NTSC. I HATE PAL! It's slow and my TV won't take it...

8. lnx64

lnx64 Robust Member