Will everdrive for MD support 64mbit games?

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by Visker, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Eke

Eke Spirited Member

You are reading it bad, it doesn't say anything about being specifically "genesis branded". It will come in the black grid design which was common to US and European markets, that's all. When you order it , you can have a look at the new box design, it has BOTH genesis and mega drive brand name on the left side and comes in a classic plastic shell. You can have a better look on the Tototek product page, here.

The reason they couldn't offer the same design & package as with the first run is because it would have cost them way too much money to do this again.
    I'm pretty sure they losed money with the first print, I mean I paid something like 29 euros for my classic edition at that time and the quality and quantity of stuff they put in is simply astonishing, from the printed CD to the cartridge, the fully colored manual, etc...

People who blame them for not doing the same effort again probably don't have any idea about how much top-quality mass production cost and certainly never had to manage such a project themselves ;-)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  2. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Robust Member

^Thanks for the clarification, it makes more sense after seeing the picture on the Tototek page.

I wasn't really intending to moan, just wanted a bit of clarification over how exactly they would be doing the branding. I admit that certain problems during the ordering process (entirely my fault) meant that I didn't see the images of the new packaging, the I received the email for the order anyway and continued the payment from there.

Anyway, I better let this thread get back on-topic!

3. YAGRS

YAGRS Rising Member

One more post about this before getting back on topic ;-)

It seems that a lot of people have issues with the CDs running on their systems (skipping, etc.), while the burned CDs tend to do much better. I think that, along with price, this probably contributed to the decision to no longer offer the CD with the cart. You can check out the Pier Solar forums to learn more.

4. MottZilla

MottZilla Champion of the Forum

Are you sure it is actually SELLING at those prices? There is a big difference between selling for high prices and listing for high prices.

5. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

Pretty simple to check, and yes. They are.

6. Teancum

Teancum Intrepid Member

Well from another thread we know that Krikzz used a M29W640 NOR which is a 64 Mbit flash memory. So what if some enterprising everdrive user went and replaced the M29W640 with say a M29W128 ? The same may apply to the Super Everdrive to for the Star Ocean hack. I'm still new to all this so I have no idea if this is even feasible. Also there may be software limitations.

Any thoughts?

7. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

1) M29W640 it is most big flash in tsop48 package
    2) carts software and hardware may not work with other brand flash, and 100% will not work with other size flash

8. Teancum

Teancum Intrepid Member

Good to know. So anything short of redesigning the everdrive won't work. Which I'm sure isn't going to happen any time soon.

Thanks for the response.

9. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

I do, but only because it looks like the people behind it aren't going to keep producing reprints to fulfill the demand out there. At $45 I'm more than happy to buy it but at $45 and 0 available for purchase...eh? Not that copyright infringement is acceptable under all circumstances but if it isn't available for sale I have few qualms with violating someone's copyright.

I just checked to see if any were available. There are none. Guess my $45 and I will have wait.

10. Teancum

Teancum Intrepid Member

11. cawley1

cawley1 Spirited Member

@^^^ Tototek seems to still have it available

Not anymore :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  12. Teancum

Teancum Intrepid Member

Wow that was fast.