Wii U Owners, How do you feel about all the Switch rereleases?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Jan 11, 2018.

1. hking0036

hking0036 Member

It seems a little presumptuous to assume there will be an upgrade. I suppose it depends on how you look at it, but if they want it to be a home console then historically they haven't done upgraded models - cheaper models like the wii mini or the nes top loader, but those are arguably downgrades. In terms of handhelds, it's a different story. It's interesting to think about. I think it would be hard to fracture the userbase with a system that costs $400+, but I suppose if sony and microsoft can, then they can too.

I'd be interested if they had an "upgraded dock kit" or something so instead of being a glorified usb c dongle it has some sort of coprocessor in it. Battery life aside, the extra performance (and resolution) would probably be more important in docking mode anyways, and that way people don't have to buy an entirely new system, and it would be easier to justify a new dock - current docks are what, $80-90? that means if they go for twice that then it's ~$200, cost of a new 3ds on release, and you get to keep the old one around as a backup or use it somewhere else.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. mettleramiel

mettleramiel Robust Member

When Ben Heck took the Switch apart, he found that the ram was removable, foreshadowing an upgrade

3. TriState294

TriState294 Site supporter 2016

If I understand correctly, it's a potentially upgradable modular storage module (flash memory)...not removable system RAM. The RAM is BGA soldered like everything else is these days.

Zeigren likes this.
  4. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

Oh you thought Top hat was done?

5. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Maybe I need a youtube channel to make my opinions hold more weight.

hking0036 likes this.
  6. Eofu

Eofu Newly Registered

I own neither, but I plan to purcahse both later and releases of WII U on switch doesn't influence this for me.

7. hking0036

hking0036 Member

get a twitter on top and that's worth at least 30% more.

Honestly, if you get the re-releases on switch you're less likely to need the wii u version anyways. Stuff like hyrule warriors and mario kart 8 didn't really make much use of the gamepad. You're probably better holding on and seeing what else gets ported because they're going crazy right now.

8. Marmotta

Marmotta Dauntless Member

Sure, but make sure you put on a fake British accent over your existing British accent, otherwise your opinions are worthless. Oh, and make sure you have a photo of yourself pulling a weird facial expression in your thumbnail, but that's a given really.

9. Domspun

Domspun Robust Member

Yeah, there's a sensor bar integrated in the gamepad. It's kind of awkward, I have a casing with a stand, so I put it a low table cause of the angle. At least it works.

-=FamilyGuy=- likes this.
  10. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Fiery Member

Nobody is forcing anybody to re-purchase games for the Switch. Having games available on more platforms is more than welcome IMO.

:D:D:D

Don't forget the constant reminders about subscribing and following them on Facebook, Twitter, and everything else.

11. GodofHardcore

Like Comment subscribe and Thumbs up this video and support me on Patreon...

Or I leak you mom's nudes

12. The-Silmarillion

The-Silmarillion Spirited Member

I'm thinking of doing exactly that, can play 'cube stuff on my Q anyway.

13. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

Honestly I haven't really had any reason to get a Switch, because of the rereleases. The best Switch games are ones I have on my Wii U.

14. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

Let's just wait for Metroid 4 shall we? :p

15. ToddShake

ToddShake Member

It's tricky, honestly. With Mario Kart, I wanted to get it, because I knew my friends would get it, and I wanted Link as a racter. Pokken I was tempted, but didn't get. Donkey Kong I'm not tempted at all cause I played the whole game on the Wii U.

So, on my end, it's a mixed bag. But for those who never got a Wii U? It's a good chance to catch up on some games they never got to play.

16. GodofHardcore

The Pokken Demo failed to win me over.
    Mario Kart was the first thing I did on my Switch after Screen protector and initial set up.

17. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

By then I might be tempted to decide to get it. I'm probably going to buy one this year. But when it launched, I realized the best game was one I could get on Wii U. The best games in the first year were either remakes/ports or a few games that I wasn't so jazzed about that I felt I needed it for.

-=FamilyGuy=- likes this.
  18. Magnus

Magnus Member

I hate Nintendo and everyone who still supports them after the Wii U ports. Nintendo promised the Wii U wouldn't be a piece of shit like the Virtual Boy, released all those AAA games to it, then ported all of those to Switch therefore scamming everyone who bought the Wii U in the first place. They also destroyed their entire history. The Virtual Boy was forgivable since it was just an experiment, not a mainline console, but the Wii U was an actual piece of shit no different from the Jaguar or 3DO or Ouya. If they didn't port all these games then it would be almost as good as the Gamecube.
    Nintendo promised everyone who bought the Wii U would be satisfied. Let's put that to the test. Pretend every game Nintendo has ported to 3DS or Switch was never released on Wii U on the first place. Who would be satisfied with a Nintendo console without Mario Kart or Zelda?

19. Magnus

Magnus Member

Oops double posted by mistake.

20. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

1: You must hate a lot of people
    2: The Virtual Boy isn't a piece of shit
    3: Let me get this straight...if no ports were made you would totally 180 this opinion? I don't get it, were you thinking you were gonna try and flip it and make mad sick money or something? I just can't see another reason why more choice is bad.
    4: The only thing an Ouya is similar to is the phone in your pocket