Wii U Owners, How do you feel about all the Switch rereleases?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Jan 11, 2018.

1. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

So we got our Nintendo direct and seems quite a few Wii U double dips are coming. Great for me but what about Wii U owners?

Do you

A) Don't feel like the Switch is worth it as you already own these games
    B) Feel like you wasted too much money on the Wii U since better versions are coming.
    C) figure AH FUCK IT I'll double dip.

I'm curious it's not like remasters are a new thing but so many previous console first part games jumping to the new platform so soon isn't something I've seen from Nintendo that much besides maybe the Wii Metroid Prime collection.

2. Star

Star Rising Member

Neither? I have four games for the wii u, and I bought it well knowing it was a system that didn't have many titles I wanted. I don't have a switch (yet), but I will at some point, and if those games are good ports, then why not pick them up for the switch?

3. GodofHardcore

So your answer is C?

4. Star

Star Rising Member

Oh, I might have misunderstood. I thought by C you meant getting another version of the game. If you meant double dipping as in having both consoles, then yes, C.

5. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

I personally think they should bring over every Wii U title to the Switch but that's just me.

hking0036 and port187 like this.
  6. GodofHardcore

Agreed.

Top hat however....

Stick up ass

7. wombat

wombat SEGA!

I don't understand the outcry for Wii U games getting re-released on Switch. It's no secret the Nintendo Wii U was a big flop (sales wise) so obviously the titles that did get a release on the Wii U never reached their full players potential. Because for me it was apparent from the start that the Wii U would not make it, I fully skipped it (this was a difficult one, especially when all those awesome Mario Kart videos did the rounds), now I'm glad to see those Wii U games making the switch!

KGRAMR and port187 like this.
  8. nonosto

nonosto Intrepid Member

I have a WiiU and I keep it for GC/VC/Wii HD improvment game. So for the moment, exclusive game like DK freeze, Mario Maker, Mario 3D...I like this console.
    But I have too a switch and MK8 deluxe is so better than on Wiiu:
    - resolution finer
    -framerate better and more stable constant 60 FPS in one player
    -the maniability (without ESP off course): I dont know if game is esaier on Switch or if swich pro is more accurracy and les laggy (I have zero lag HDTV) than Wiiu Pro....but the maniability is better in Swicth, the game is so better....

9. Kaeser

Kaeser Active Member

I don't mind at all because the good games deserve exposure to a larger consumer base. I will likely focus on games I missed out on during the Wii-U's lifetime. Tropical Freeze is a great example of this - I was actually looking for a cheap Wii-U version not long ago but will wait for Switch instead. I did double dip on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe though, because my better half said we had to get it and who am I to disagree?

10. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

As a non Wii U owner I'm down for them re-releasing games.

Youtubers just like the angry rant angle because angry rants means views or some dumb shit.

MBMM and -=FamilyGuy=- like this.
  11. Marmotta

Marmotta Dauntless Member

As a (past) Wii U owner, I think they should re-release as many games as possible, although I would like a bit more additional content if the games are going to cost full RRP as they have done so far. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is great, but I did feel a little hard done by, having previously purchased the DLC for the Wii U - a few new tracks and characters wouldn't have gone amiss.

12. GodofHardcore

The second these games are up for pre-order I'm Pre-ordering. I already have Bayonetta 2 on Pre-order.

Hyrule Warriors Definive and Tropical Freeze are must haves for me.

I never got the World ends with you on DS so I'm all over that too.

I was tempted to get a Wii U so many times but all the games I wanted are Switch bound.

Fingers crossed for Smash and Star Fox Zero good version, maybe Wonderful 101

13. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Maniability? Um... that isn't a word.

About the OP: I'd like to get a Wii U mainly just for Wind Waker HD. If they released that game on the Switch, then that might convince me to get a Switch.

One thing that interests me about the Wii U is that it's the last console, and one of the last consumer devices that uses a PowerPC CPU.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  14. port187

port187 Serial Chiller

Couldn't agree more.
    Also skipped the wiiu myself after being on the brink of buying one so many times. I am happy I get to play them on a better system now finally. Hopefully the whole library will come over as I have a lot of games that still tempte to buy a wiiu to this day.

15. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

He meant maneuverability/handling. English isn't his first language I assume; "maniabilité" is totally the right term in French, maybe other languages (Latin-based?) have a similar word.

On topic: they're releasing tropical freeze on the switch? I now have zero reason to buy a used Wii U, will probably get a switch eventually.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  16. hking0036

hking0036 Member

This is where I'm at as well. I really liked the Wii U, personally I feel it's a little underrated. At this point though, I'd rather just move on and I think nintendo feels the same. I really liked captain toad and 3d world - and platinum has already teased a port of w101. It makes reasonable sense too considering that the market is way way larger comparatively now. They're good enough games to stand on their own and I don't think they should be stunted by what system they were on first. I'll gladly play them given more flexibility to. 3D world especially seems to lend itself to start-stop portable play reasonably well.

In terms of feeling burnt, I guess a little bit. I was especially late to the party when I bought a wii u in 2015 and when march came around I was reasonably mad, but the benefits of the switch make up for it to me. The portablility aspect feels like the natural evolution of what they were going for with the gamepad anyways. I'm glad to double dip if it means I'm not tethered to a TV all the time, though it would also hurt less if they bumped the price accordingly. I'd like somewhere probably $40-$45 mark personally, then I'd be motivated to buy some of the ones I might be less interested in at full retail. Unfortunately, I also tend to be broke. I don't know if I'll end up selling my wii u entirely to pick the ports up or not.

Tropical Freeze seems interesting. Donkey Kong Country returns felt weird to me but everyone seems to have great things to say about both, Tropical Freeze in particular. Funky Kong is a cool character but based on the direct he just seems like super easy mode which is kind of a wet blanket.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    -=FamilyGuy=- likes this.
  17. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I played Donkey Kong Country Returns when the Wii version came out, and I was pretty unimpressed by it. To me, it didn't seem at all like a Donkey Kong Country game. I also thought the gameplay was mediocre.

18. hking0036

hking0036 Member

I know what you mean. I got the 3DS version, and it didn't really do much for me either. It felt loose in terms of control compared to the SNES originals. Credit to retro in doing something new(ish?) but I just couldn't get into it. Just firing it up and looking at the world map, I got a whiff of what I guess I would call "new super mario syndrome" where it felt like it just lost some of the charm, there was never a real hook to it. I'm willing to give it another chance though.

19. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

Rare's DKC games had a pretty unique style to them, I think. With Donkey Kong Country Returns, it seemed like they didn't even try to imitate the style of the originals. That's okay, but they shouldn't have given it the "Donkey Kong Country" name. It bears very little resemblance to those games.

hking0036 likes this.
  20. GodofHardcore

Jokes about the port fest, and one dude ranting like a grandpa is littering my Twitter feed.

Anywho, I never played Donkey Kong Country Returns. I suppose if Dolphin was in a better state when I was using it I might have. I still think about getting a Wii from time to time. A Wii, not a Wii U. But who knows maybe some Wii games will get the remaster treatment too.

and can we PLEASE get an uncensored Fatal Frame Port with retail release?