When games aren't localized outside Japan

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by DeckardBR, Sep 10, 2012.

1. DeckardBR

DeckardBR Fiery Member

So I just read that Ex Troopers, the amazing looking spin off to Lost Planet that looks better than any other Lost Planet game will be Japan only, no western release.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/09/sorry_lost_planet_fans_ex_troopers_isnt_coming_to_the_west

This is unbelievable. I can understand chibi style jrpgs not getting localized (and some like hyperdimensia neptuna do get localized thanks to good publishers) but when something that would definitely appeal to the western market with a big product name like Lost Planet is held back its just ridiculous to me.

There's been alot in the press about the failing japanese game industry. I think this is one of the reasons. We live today in a global market where we have to tolerate region locking etc in hopes that the publishers will bring the games overseas. Its not like these japan only games will be unknown to western audiences since the internet shows every game being released or in devolpment right now. Holding back games just fuels developer hatred and worse poor customer opinion.

Since Ex Troopers is on PS 3 I'll probably get it on that imported but man I wanted this on 3ds (they're region locked).

So right now, screw Capcom. I'm boycotting RE 6 if thats what they think western audiences only want.

2. 7Force

7Force Guardian of the Forum

Lost Planet is a big product name?

3. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

PS3 isn't region-locked, is it?

4. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Comparable to PSP. Doable but...

5. Ho-Oh.x7

Ho-Oh.x7 Member

Doesn't matter. Most people can't speak Japanese.

6. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

Hmm I don't think cell shading Lost Planet is a good idea as it sort of cheapens the whole thing and makes it looks worse. I loved the beauty of Lost Planet 2, especially when it is @ 100p60 using DirectX 11with everything maxed :p,

This title will not be missed by me but I do look forwards to blasting more Akrid in Lost Planet 3.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  7. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

Nope.

8. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

The console itself is not region-locked for PS3 games (it is for PS1 and PS2, when compatible); however some SDK versions (latest ones; can't remember with which it started) allow to region-lock game during development. But again, it is the game that does the locking, not the console...

9. spot778

spot778 Fiery Member

Persona 4: Arena is the only region locked title for the PS3