What will happen to the 'original' SonicXtreme disc?

Discussion in 'Sonic Xtreme Release Project' started by oldengineer, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawanja

Hawanja Ancient Deadly Ninja Baby

So wait, Barcode is the chosen one, who will bring balance to the force?

Hmmmm.... I sense much fear.....

2. madhatter256

madhatter256 Illustrious Member

Ditto. ANd if you ever reveal yourself I'll stalk you and rob you :). Just kidding! Seriously, I am. I'm a wimp who won't hurt a fly. Just ask Assembler.

3. Nicola

Nicola Gutsy Member

After all that noise and chaos from the original sale, I doubt he will ever reveal himself...(ratman anyone?)

If I remember correctly the community had rised up more than 2000 (around 2200?) to rech his offer. At least now the price was lowered to 1900. Too bad that only few people contributed to this leaking, and not a whole community.

4. Shadowlayer

Shadowlayer KEEPIN' I.T. REAL!!

Hard to see the britton side is:lol:

Anyway, does anyone knows if Senn would like to sell his fisheye version with levels and the editor?

5. drx

drx BLAST PROCESSING. SITE SUPPORTER 2015

He isn't. These guys are worried that Sega might come after their asses.

6. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

I'm sure the owner doesn't want to get drawn into a morals debate over it esp now thats its all over anyway. I can't blame the guy can you?

7. Nitrosoxide

Nitrosoxide Resolute Member

Senn doesn't have any version, and has answered this question many times.

The videos of gameplay of levels if I remeber correctly are ripped from a video tape him and Allon used to pitch the Pc version to sega.

While Allon has a version, he got really pissed at the sonic community at one point for bugging and harrassing him, so he no longer will even speak of sonic xtreme.

Christina Coffin also has some protos of it. But, will not share it due to various concerns including the worry that it will be sold on ebay unfairly after released.

8. Shadowlayer

And why that doesnt surprises me?....

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  9. drx

It's not all that suprising when you think of the target audience of Sonic games. What is sad though, is that these kids put people who simply like the game in such a bad light.

10. Shadowlayer

Yeah, anyway, I was being sarcastic, already knew that...

11. PS_Monitor

PS_Monitor Guest

Is there an emu to use the game on? I think I'm reading that it's going public soon, but I sold my modded Saturn last month. I wouldn't mind seeing it played.

12. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I posted all that info in the "release" thread I believe.

13. Nicola

Nicola Gutsy Member

I've been a good actor! Lol! The "price" paid by the community was even lowered since I was between whose who contributed with an offer...to myself.

you can't even imagine my face after seeing that Ratman fading out laughing. then I've realized I was the second high bidder and my face changed again. Btw i had to add an extra 250 usd to get the boot disk from the programmer.

In the end I can't blame much that fake Ratman: at least thanks to him the community got the ROM cheaper than planned and I've been able to keep the proto hidden until today.

No, I have no other secrets nor I know who Ratman was. When I saw his high (fake) bid I told myself: at least he's going to bid to win and leak so I will able to try the proto too.

14. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

If I hadn't lost my backups of the sonic forums I visited, I could've possibly tracked him via IP.

15. Flyinghigh

Flyinghigh Peppy Member

i dont know whats all about that?
    there was a huge trouble about that stupid demo.
    Some good guys here made it possible, that everybody can have a copy.
    I realy dont understand why the Disk still matters? It is just a CD-R with the same data everybody can have. So leave this guy alone and be happy with what you have.
    Without that trouble all the time, i am sure other prototypes like RE1.5 would have been made available already to everybody.
    To get suff like this working, it must be done in silence but all the time there is trouble and that scares of the related ppl. Everytime the same problems!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  16. drx

Funnily enough I was browsing the internets recently and happened upon him somewhere... I know who he is.

Silverhawk: we are talking about a fake bidder, not the seller. Nobody here, except for a few people, knew the original seller.

17. Nicola

Nicola Gutsy Member

..and the original seller was more someone that actually "discovered to have the disc" instead of being part of the development and a source for new informations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.