What is the best value Yahoo! Auctions Japan redirection service?

Discussion in 'Japan Forum: Living there or planning a visit.' started by FireAza, May 3, 2013.

1. pinepot

pinepot Rapidly Rising Member

@Takoyaki: I feel you, man... hope you're still going to receive that SAL shipment.
    Yes, the introduction of their new "plan system"... I mentioned that in my above post and you can basically circumvent it by issuing this service fee on at least one of the items you plan on consolidating. On the other hand, they can't be blamed for people not following their TOS.

That being said Buyee has two major problems: 1. Their communication policy sucks and (partly the reason for that) 2. they grew too fast without implementing and fail-checking proper process management.

Buyee is not what many consider "a Japanese company" in terms of service quality, instead it's just another company in Japan with ties to tenso株式会社 and established as a letterbox company (Tenso UK Ltd.), employing mainly non-Japanese service staff. I'd be surprised if they actually had office space apart from their warehouse and have reason to believe that customer support relies solely on outsourced services.

2. Takoyaki

Takoyaki Newly Registered

Hi Juji. I don't really understand you. I sent you some messages on Line that I have procured enough money to do my first order with you.

In the past, I had friends ask me if you could help him source some hobby parts around Akihabara. It took you more than 2 weeks to find it and you couldn't source it. He was eventually lucky enough to find a supplier for said parts in Japan.

I tried contacting you on this forum via PM and I haven't recieved a single reply yet. You either haven't read my recent messages on Line (July 6) or completely ignored them. I have books I need you to get from either the local bookstore, Yahoo Auctions, Yahoo Shopping, or Amazon Japan. I have the funds right now (since July 6) and I wanted you to get them for me. I was willing to send you the funds via Paypal immidiately, but you never reponded back.

I'm really out of options here.

How can I trust you if you're going to disapear on me like that? Did I say something in the past that bothered you? Perhaps the "empty promises" that I would have enough money to place an order? But that was before July when I told you back in June that I had to first pay back the debts to my parents that I borrowed for my cosplay for an anime convention. I had the funds last month and you never replied back, so how can I place an order?

I trusted you, man.

I want to give you another chance. Please contact me back on Line.

3. captainburrito

captainburrito Newly Registered

Just wanna say thanks for everyone's views, was a great read. I've used a few services in the past couple decades and bought a fair amount. Was happy with all of them in terms of price and service over all. I only moved on each time one closed, some were side businesses of one person or for small companies looking for extra income.

The one i use now is Goody Japan. They are quite antiquated now compared to alot of these new ones that let u bid yourself through their system so u need to make sure to bid ahead of time and i think they might be losing business cos of that. They can be a bit slow some times. Might take them a week or even more to get u an invoice for just a few items. Great shipping options as they will ship SAL small packet which is nice for worthless items (they will do it unregistered too if u take responsibility) and while sometimes i think they are typically inflexible in a japanese sort of way they actually seem way better than alot of these other services and less strict about enforcing some rules to the letter. Their packing is good. Pretty much an old school deputy service.

http://www.goody-japan.com/commission.html

I've been looking as i've been wanting to try one where u can bid for yourself and will look into SMJ and fromjapan

I don't think that is actually their fault but due to some government department telling these such businesses to do so. If anyone knows of any services that will still do that please post and let us know! Guessing only more obscure or one person operations are likely to do so now.

4. Mendo Shutaro

Mendo Shutaro Newly Registered

I've been getting into Yahoo Japan auctions lately and I've tried a few proxy services. J-Subculture are terrible. Very slow, you have to add money to a deposit (and so pay PayPal fees) before you can bid, you can only bid up to the amount in your deposit, and they're very slow to refund unused deposits. Plus the one parcel they sent me wasn't addressed properly and so took 4 weeks to arrive.

I tried Rinkya next, and I was also unimpressed. Slow service, a clunky website, and eye wateringly high fees. Plus I cancelled a bunch of sniper bids but they placed the bids anyway. Their customer service is non existent.

Last up was Buyee. Expensive of course and their plans are basically robbery. But they actually work. They're fast, everything is very well packed, and compared to the other two they seem like a professional outfit. I'll be sticking with Buyee for the time being.

5. Yuyama

Yuyama Newly Registered

I've been using From Japan for a little while now and i've found their bidding system to
    be one of the easiest to use, and their service to be quite fast and friendly.

They have recently changed their system fees and while i find it can be
    expensive for people wanting to buy small items from Yahoo auction
    (They now charge 300 yen/700 yen an auction) it is generally much cheaper to buy
    from them and their site is now much easier to use!

I also like that they have a wide selection of shipping options to choose from
    and they will let you modify the value of your items when paying for the shipping fees.

So far i've only had good experiences with them!

6. xmog123x

xmog123x Peppy Member

First time I've bought something from YJ since a certain GP has stopped his unbeaten services. This was made thanks to the help of @PhantasyStar. I saw he provided YJ services from this topic and simply PM'ed him. For me it's always much better to have a real single person handling your stuff, and someone who also knows what he's dealing with, how to handle & package it and so on. I don't like having to deal with automated e-mails. Fees were ok for me, although I will ask for some better deals in the future ;) How it worked for me is I just spammed him with links to items, he bid on them with the money I pre-sent him. He's a one man operation, but really efficient, cause he was willing to wait for items until the last moment and snipe them for me, although I didn't specifically ask for it - that's just his style ;). He's very quick to respond and willing to work with you on shipping. He even went to the lengths of taking a huge walk to some remote shop for a proper box to send the stuff to me. If GP's services were a 10/10, I'll rate this an 8-9/10 only because there is no automation in the process, and everything has to be relayed.

TL;DR: @PhantasyStar services -> gr8 m8 i r8 8/8

7. Kid Fenris

Kid Fenris Rising Member

Thanks, everyone who posted about Buyee. I'm thinking of getting some stuff off Yahoo Japan, and it's good to hear opinions. I used Rinkya way back in 2009 and had no problems, but a lot can change.

Has anyone here bought from mbok.jp or this Yugiya Hirano place? They seem to be popular in Japan, and both of them priced the game I want at about 30 percent less than the typical Yahoo Japan auction.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  8. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Anyone got any good info on the latest & greatest? I read on some site (likely biased) that Zen Market is the best one now b/c their service fee is only 300 yen per item. Reading the fine print i see they have a "deposit fee" for everything but bank xfer. My guess is that is where they cover the merchant fees, b/c there's no fucking way they can be profitable on much of anything at only 300 yen per item... bleed money is more the term.

Anyway, interested in where this market is these days. Do most of the service cost the same, just have different ways of wrapping up the fees?

9. xmog123x

xmog123x Peppy Member