What games unreleased should be just redone and released

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Nitrosoxide, Apr 3, 2009.

1. mooseblaster

mooseblaster Bleep. Site Supporter 2012, 2014

Full Throttle 2!

Sam & Max: Freelance Police!

Hellraiser: Virtual Hell! :p

2. f2bnp

f2bnp Peppy Member

Woah I just noticed this is about unreleased games.Well then:

Sonic X-Treme
    X-Com Genesis

3. MetalSlime

MetalSlime Just a Worthless Protoplasm

It's not 100 percent the same as EB64 was going to be though. Read the translated interview with Itoi that Tomato provided. There were a number of things changed or removed. The biggest one being the ending. Not to mention just looking at the EB64 screens you can tell some things had to be scaled back for Mother 3 to fit on the GBA.

4. VMS

VMS Robust Member

This is a tough question. What unreleased games should be REDONE and then released?

None that I can think of, until I put MUCH thought into it, and I came up with:

SEGA's REAL LIFE OCCUPATION SERIES (unreleased arcade trilogy for Dreamcast) consisting of:

- EMERGENCY CALL AMBULANCE
    - BRAVE FIREFIGHTERS
    - and I believe "Airline Pilots"

Can't have enough SEGA arcade games. They should release for any console whatsoever.

5. fisheye

fisheye Rapidly Rising Member

mmmm. dreamon, dreamm oooonnnnnn.

We wish we had them but we know we are not gonna get them
    (also shenmue saturn)

6. graphique

graphique Enthusiastic Member

I've always wanted to play Super Mario 4 through 63, but I guess they never saw the light of day.

7. _SD_

_SD_ Resolute Member

I'd really like to see Propeller Arena released as a downloadable title on Live or PSN. Upscale the graphics to 720p and allow for 8 player online dog fighting. I'd also add in either a Dual Shock 3 or 360 pad as an unlockable aircraft.

Yeah, I know we've all played it, but I'd like to see AM2's vision realized in full with us able to play each other online.

There's also a fighting game for the Atomiswave platform that I'd like to see on PSN called Ken Ju.

8. Michael

Michael Rapidly Rising Member

Giftpia in english, please.

9. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

The correct name of this aborted Dreamcast package was Real Life Career Series, with Jambo! Safari planned for inclusion as opposed to Airline Pilots (of course, there may well have been plans for a second volume featuring this particular game if the first had not been scrapped). However, that one game was definitely part of the initial arcade collection along with Crazy Taxi and 18 Wheeler. I'm still not exactly sure why those last two were considered good enough to be released as standalone conversions, though I guess it could be due to Sega deciding they were more popular overall. Actually, did you know that Emergency Call Ambulance and Brave Firefighters were the only two installments not powered by the NAOMI board, instead running on Model 3 and little-used Hikaru platforms respectively? From what anyone can tell no code ever made it to Dreamcast, but only a fool would have expected pixel-perfect treatments of the whole set... especially Brave Firefighters, which originally required the creation of new coin-op hardware based around an upgrade of the NAOMI design to allow for more realistic fire and water effects than were possible on existing solutions.

10. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :thumbsup:

11. VMS

VMS Robust Member

That's right. From what I remember, Brave Firefighters wasn't ever attempted because the fire effects could not be replicated on DC.

Perhaps they didn't want a repeat of the shoddy arcade to Saturn ports released towards the end of that console's life.

12. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

Yu Suzuki once revealed that Virtua Fighter 4 only made its home on the PlayStation 2 because preliminary research concluded major graphical downgrading would have been necessary on Sega's platform, which he felt was unacceptable considering his team's reputation for quality conversions. With this in mind, perhaps the Real Life Career Series did indeed similarly fail to materialise on Dreamcast because of its inability to faithfully handle the game's advanced fire and water effects? On the other hand, were the graphics of that game in particular so advanced compared with past efforts... or did Sega just not feel it would be worthwhile porting a collection of such little-known arcade titles late into its console's life? Even with its occasional lapses of corporate ignorance, The House Of The Dead on Saturn must surely have proved a valuable lesson when it came to putting out further half-baked products (or not, it would seem)!

13. accel99

accel99 Spirited Member

while all that may be true,i still feel they could of port vf 4 to lets say xbox and get a pixel perfect port if they cared for perfection.i say they didnt port anything after a while to the dreamcast because it would have not been profitable(i mean the dc only lasted 2 years or so.)otherwise i think they would have gone with the downgrade of some of those games to rake in the profits.anyway how bad could they look/play on the dreamcast?i mean look at dead or alive 2.its impressive while running at 60 fps in gameplay. they could have easily ported virtua fighter 4(or anyother of those games) try to keep visual integrity as much as they can(lower poly count and texture a slight bit) and have it running at 30 fps.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  14. jccochez

jccochez that's why i'm here.

Sonic X-treme.

That game would have definitely been the game of the year

15. CrAzY

CrAzY SNES4LIFE

:confused:
    Was there ever any word of this even being developed? Or are you just saying it would be awesome to have? :nod:

I will have to say... "Super Mario RPG 2"

Yes... I know of Paper Mario. :020:

16. chocomarker1

chocomarker1 Spirited Member

super monkey ball dreamcast.

did anyone play the dc-version back then at the E3 2001?

17. Nitrosoxide

Nitrosoxide Resolute Member

Omg I totally agree with
    Propeller Arena
    Giftpia
    and
    Sam and Max

Argg Giftpia would have been awesome

18. beretta85

beretta85 Peppy Member

wait, what?

I've played 3 for all of an hour because I didn't like it much, but I've never heard of 4.

19. VMS

VMS Robust Member

That game already was re-done and released on multiple platforms. That's the topic of this thread.

20. GigaDrive

GigaDrive Enthusiastic Member

Vasum aka Dando for the Mega Drive

(thanks to Chris Covell for this scan)
    [​IMG]