What games give you nostalgia?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Zant, Aug 26, 2016.

1. LukeLexeme

LukeLexeme <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

Tekken 3 for PS1
    any super nintendo game
    any pre gen 4 pokemon game!

2. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

Sonic 2 was probably the first game I remember playing, and also the best. NHL 95 was one I played a ton with my old friend. His dad and my dad would play PGA Golf II (actually my dad only got a Genesis because he wanted to play it at our place, all those thousands of hours I've put on it are a bonus).

Extreme Pinball on the PS1 looked so cool with its ridiculously prerendered loading screens. I remember the demo at Wal-mart of Nights into Dreams, and I didn't own it until just a few years ago.

3. Hiccup

Hiccup Robust Member

A bunch of games I've played give me nostalgia or something like that, but Paper Mario is the one that always gives me a good feeling. Even when I was playing for the first time :p

M. Bison likes this.
  4. NexTheReal

NexTheReal Just call me Nex

medievil , remember as kid when I always played the demo. It was amazing when I got to play the full version some years later

5. plimdaddy

plimdaddy Rising Member

Okra of time, and majors mask.
    One of the LOTR games for the orginal xbox.

6. skarpo01

skarpo01 Peppy Member

Prince of persia 1 and 2 running on MS-DOS. Also I guess that there is a nostalgia of the 90's in general, being younger in a society that was more festive with less bullshits and concerns compared to nowadays. Not to mention the epic oldschool computers with floppys ;)

7. ExplodingLem

ExplodingLem AKA Colonel Llama

For me, it's Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I was 3 years old when we got our Sega Genesis in 2002 and it was the very first video game i ever played. We only had 3 games until 2005 when the Genesis stopped working (Sonic 2, Sonic and Knuckles and Ecco the dolphin). Then we got a Gamecube.

8. jllorens

jllorens Member

Many came to my mind. Starlight zone of Sonic 1, Streets of Rage, shinning in the darkness or micromachines on the mega drive (that four player mode, amazing!), rondo of blood for the pc engine duo...

9. jamespoo

jamespoo Peppy Member

alex the kidd in miracle world sega mastersystem 2 i think i was 3 at them time was the first game i ever played back in 1993 or could have been 1994 i don't remember

JDMACDC2008 likes this.
  10. theps1master

theps1master Robust Member

Jet set Willy

11. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

Anything relating to Atari 2600 or NES. Or anything 80s in general.

12. Semaphore

Semaphore Active Member

I'd say Harvest Moon: Back to Nature on the PS1, Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast, and Morrowind on the PC. The soundtracks, in particular.

13. roubignolo

roubignolo Old.

I would say Majora's Mask. Broke my ankle one week before its EU release. Had to refuse an internship, got stuck one month at my parents' home. I have clear memories of me playing 10 hours a day, laid on their couch, one leg up all way through.
    I knew I had to find a proper job after college, find a way. Still I was there playing.
    Then I moved to Dreamcast and Shenmue.
    Never got a proper job.
    Both games are truly linked to this weird period of my life. Rich world, excitement vs. real life. Never been able to replay them because of that (well, and faulty GD optical drive^^).

14. redsox24

redsox24 Rising Member

WWF NO MERCY

15. Ryudo

Ryudo SEGA!

I could list a hundred games but the thing that makes me the most nostalgic even if I never played the game or just didn't play it then is 90s gaming music. SNES or Genesis and esp Turbo CD or SEGA CD or Saturn OST's just had a special sound to them I get nostalgic for in general.

16. SO Remixer

SO Remixer Lovely Sweet Dream

I don't know if it counts, but for some reason the trailer for Earthbound 64 always gives me some weird nostalgia induced chills. Just something about it feels like a distant, inaccessible relic with a dreamlike quality.

M. Bison likes this.
  17. Gaiares

Gaiares Newly Registered

Sinistar- in the big sit down cab. Gotta get one one of these days.
    Sega/Sega CD boot up sequence.
    Ninja Gaiden - my brother and I played it till we were so delirious we were laughing maniacally over his jump animation. We would leave the nes paused for days at a time for that game.

jamespoo likes this.
  18. Segafreaknz

Segafreaknz Rising Member

Tony hawks 2 pc

sonicsean89 and jamespoo like this.
  19. TirenO

TirenO Newly Registered

Contra - ancient one, still enjoy it

20. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X (PS1) Fanatic

Halo 3. As soon as I hear the music, it my eyes start to water. So many memories of playing with friends on Xbox LIVE in custom games, matchmaking, campaign, and forge. Just thinking about it right now makes me emotional. Wish I was back in those times...

Other games do this too but not as much as Halo 3. Played that the most out of any game.

sonicsean89 likes this.