What console still do not have multi cart yet?

Discussion in 'Everdrive General' started by wilykat, Jul 28, 2012.

1. scottzane

scottzane Rising Member

EZ flash IV should do the job for GBA games.:confused-new:

2. butfluffy

butfluffy Robust Member

doesn't ez flash 4 have lots of rom compatibility issues though? to my knowledge the best gba flash cart for compatibility was the m3 perfect and they are very rare. hopefully we will get a gba everdrive with 100% or near enough compatibility. then i will get a gameboy player for my gamecube for sure. i completed all the crash bandicoot games and double dragon advance using my ds a few weeks back. the games were great and run perfectly with my m3 ds real and gba expansion cart but the screen is small and my eyes were wroking hard lol.

3. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

4. Jeppex83

Jeppex83 Rapidly Rising Member

http://truechiptilldeath.com/blog/2010/01/23/review-usb-64m-smart-card/

This one is much better... You can put like 8 games on that, but it has only one savegame slot...

BUT if there would be GameboyEverdrive it would be a must buy for me..
    *Dreaming microsd support for 2GB, and support for saving all games you got* :)

GB/GBC everdrive would be great... GBA have allready a great "EZ-Flash IV" http://gbatemp.net/topic/291109-ez-flash-iv/
    That supports 4GB miniSD cards... But 4GB MINI-SD's are very hard to find nowadays.... It doesn't support SDHC only regular 4GB minisd.

I have not seen any compatibility issues on EZ4 mini. Everything GBA games runs perfectly. There is some problems if you play NDS games. But I think it is the best Flashcard on GBA today.

And if you wanna play GBA games. I really recommend to buy GBA SP and the model AGS-101 it have a great Backlight. Dont buy AGS-001, it has got no backlight, only front light, check youtube.. AGS-101 vs. AGS-001.

So best combo for GBA is AGS-101 and EZ4-Flash mini with 4GB miniSD

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  5. butfluffy

butfluffy Robust Member

really. i've heard that ezflash didn't have 100% compatibility and there was a list of games that didn't work for it. where as the m3 perfect had 100% compatibility. i did some research into it because i wanted to get a gba flash cart and a gameboy player for my gamecube. i played those gba games on my ds and loved them but the screen size was bad on my eyeballs. maybe completing 4 games in two days didn't help.
    are you sure about the compatibility with the ezflash or does it play just the games you tried? theres a lot of gba games out there.
    i would also play a gb/gbc everdrive on the gamecube gameboy player if krikzz ever designs one that is. i wold also use a gb/gbc everdrive on the super gameboy with my snes, well only b/w whites would be supported but i used to like being able to add some colours to b/w games using the super gameboy options :)
    i may get a ezflash if it has perfect compatibility for gba as you say, that and the fact it supports 4gb micro sd cards. i would prefer a gba everdrive but maybe krikzz aint got future plans for such a device. i'm sure if krikzz made a gba everdrive we could use up to 32gb micro sd cards and would have awesome compatibility and no save bugs :)

6. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

I already got a AGS-101 one. It is my precious. I also have a super game boy modded for correct timing.

I think EZ 4 flash mini is better than super card mini right? Where can i buy one?

Also i am looking for a GB/GBC flash cart too. EMS 64 MB USB one supports only one save and needs a special program to load games.

7. Jeppex83

I just found that EZ4 mini is not 100% compatible, but very near it. It doesn't support Real Time Clock, so these games don't work. There is no many RTC games and they got some Clock Fix patches that you can play it.

And of course there is some tilting sensor and sunlight sensor games that don't work too. Need real cart or emulating patch at least.

8. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

So from the info i gathered around the net and from here:

EZ4 mini supports all games except ones with RTC, and extra sensors etc.

Supercard mini lags on a lot of games.

right?

or is there any game which doesn't need RTC or any other extra equipment and doesn't work on EZ4?

9. butfluffy

butfluffy Robust Member

don't get the supercard. i heard it has way more incompatibility. as i say i researched this stuff a few weeks back. i may still wait in case krikzz makes a gba everdrive. in two minds though in case he ain't got plans.

10. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

i want to buy two flash cards one for gb/gbc and one for gba. I still haven't made up my mind as i wasted far too much money on gaming than i initially planned.

for GBA: It looks EZ flash IV is the only good one. It is hard to find 4 gb microsd and ez4 doesn't support sdhc

for gb/gbc: 64 mb ems one holds only one save and needs a special program on pc. for 100$ a new flash cart has been announced, it doesn't need special software but it can only have one game and one save. Also someone at this thread announced a new gb/gbc cart with sd support and multiple rom/save support for 100$.

11. Jeppex83

I can say if you try to look 4gb minisd it is gonna be a hard job. I almost got crazy to find one. There is a many sellers in ebay and many sites where is a cheap chinese minisd cards that looks like non-SDHC (there is no mark of SDHC on the card).

I got TOPRAM 4GB Minisd card. It looks like:http://www.hiwtc.com/photo/products/34/00/86/8687.jpg

It is good and works perfectly. Before that I bought 2 bad minisd cards from ebay and they were sdhc...

But you can always buy a couple 2GB cards and swap them... But I think SD swapping is a bit annoying... :p

12. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

Just ordered an EZ FLASH IV. Can anyone (especially jeppex83) help me on finding a 4 GB Minisd cart? Preferably on ebay?

13. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

14. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

I would gladly use that if i could find a 4gb microsd. the trick is, it must be sd not sdhc which ez flash doesn't support. so any advice on finding a 4gb microsd (or minisd) is welcome.

2 and 4 gb sd cards are non-standart. 4 gb sd is ultra rare.

15. Jeppex83

reprep check your PM! hope that helps! :)

16. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

Thanks Jeppex83, it helped though most possibly i will just stick with a 2 gb microsd.

I am getting closer and closer to buying that EMS gb/gbc card for 40 bucks. It doesn't look like there will be an alternative with sd cart soon.

EDIT: Is there any place where i can buy that EMS 64 MB GB/GBC cart except TOTOTEK and without a costly shipping? I am against tototek as they have stocked fake everdrive 64s, stealing krikzz's work. Also i read krikzz's comment on february 2012 that he isn't interested in gameboys, so i will be getting the alternatives.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  17. mikeryan

mikeryan Active Member

kitsch-bent and nonfinite electronics are the two most popular resellers that I know of.

18. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member

Just ordered from kitsch-bent, thanks.

I wish i could use "agbd" to take a backup of my pokemon yellow save and copy it to the EMS.

19. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

not really something the guy at Tototek would do. Also what do you mean by fake everdrives?

20. reprep

reprep Gutsy Member