What can Free McBoot do besides back ups?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Apr 22, 2019.

1. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

No interest in piracy on...Ok I'll probably get a Repro of Ibara becuase that's insanely expensive.

But other than that, I'm interesting in what I can get my Japanese PS2 to do other than play games, and the ONE Region 2 DVD I have. Arcade Emulation? Decent Homebrew? What can It it do?

I know BLEAAAAAAAAH Soft modded XBOX and I'll get to that. But for now I want to push my Phat PS2 past it's limits.

2. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

The problem with the PS2, compared to the original XBOX, is that there really wasn't much homebrew, emu, etc at all. Aside from play games, there's not much else to do with a PS2.

3. Azathoth

Azathoth Spirited Member

I use mine to load a handful of programs, like Open PS Loader to load my games from a HDD/USB/LAN, or load Datel's memory manager software to transfer saves to/from USB sticks.

4. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

FMCB does not enable you to play backups. It is a homebrew launcher, so you can use it to play emulators, original games or to run the LaunchELF file manager.

There are not many emulators, but there are emulators for the more popular consoles.

You will need a modded console or additional software, to be able to play PS2 games. This includes OPL and ESR, which are not FMCB.

helakustorm likes this.
  5. GodofHardcore

I do need save managers and something to format cards as one of my cards has Corrupt data. Since my PS2 is Japanese I can't use my Action replay discs.

6. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Have you tried deleting the corrupted data with the browser yet? If that did not work, then you can use software like MC Annihilator. Even the FMCB Installer has a format option.

7. GodofHardcore

It's not budging. I know there's a way to do it but all the ways I have done I think involved my action replay.