What are some of the hardest games you've played?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by KGRAMR, Oct 25, 2017.

1. KGRAMR

KGRAMR Gaming aficionado raised by family & friends.

What awaits me on the NES...jesus...
    IWBTG just screws with your common gaming senses with unorthodox game designs. I still have a file with all the "upgrades".

2. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Yeah, the NES library has some of the hardest games. I wish "Nintendo Hard" still existed with Nintendo.

3. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Like @-=FamilyGuy=-, mine would have to be Volgarr the Viking. I played the Xbox One version and never made it past the second level boss... :oops: Luckily it was free through Games with Gold.
    If you want Nintendo Hard, try the volleyball minigame in Mario Odyssey. Getting anywhere near 100 hits is impossible, I tried for 2 hours straight and eventually gave up. When I start looking around for the rest of the power moons after beating the game, it will definitely be the hardest one to get.

-=FamilyGuy=- likes this.
  4. spoonrage

spoonrage Rising Member

Call of duty: world at war zombies, round 1000 and it roughly takes about 40 mins to kill a single zombie.. now that's hard!!

KGRAMR and Taijigamer2 like this.
  5. Taijigamer2

Taijigamer2 Gutsy Member

Super Meat Boy 100% is epic face melt.

begallegal1 and KGRAMR like this.
  6. begallegal1

begallegal1 Spirited Member

7 years and 2 platforms I play this on (x360,steam) and I still suck so bad I cannot 106% the game, let alone speedrun it in an hour like some of these freaks (joking, I love watching people speedrun this game)
    Also, I cannot wait for SMB Forever (2018) !!

Taijigamer2 likes this.
  7. The-Silmarillion

The-Silmarillion Spirited Member

Nice! I have SUper R-Type, R-Type III & R-Type kicking around somewhere and somewhat embarrassingly have never beaten any of them. :x

....yet.

8. MrThunderwing

MrThunderwing Rising Member

Revenge of Shinobi wasn't super difficult once you had the boss patterns and levels semi-memorised, I managed to complete it multiple times without too much trouble. The end boss was admittedly more tricky though, because I could never seem to quite 100% accurately predict if he was going to do a fast hair chucking move or a slow one. I must admit I was cheating little tinker back then though and used to use the infinite shurikens cheat. It wasn't until many years later I found out that you could get a bad ending as well as the good one, because I was just so hard wired to shooting the shurikens into the thingy that stopped your girlfriend from getting crushed. Such a great game, I must give it another play through some time soon!

Taijigamer2 likes this.
  9. MBMM

IIRC Splatterhouse 2 was pretty rough. Haven't played it in a bit but I remember it being a quarter sucker.

10. ToddShake

ToddShake Member

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, especially the last 5 levels or so, I refuse to lose anyone, so I had to keep restarting. Also, Ellincia's Gambit is one of the hardest levels in gaming, no joke.

I've played a lot of hard Indie Games too, their names escape me at the moment though.

11. Shuji

Shuji Rising Member

1) Final Fantasy III - %100 completion
    2) Mega Man 1 & 2 - %100 completion
    3) Shadow of the Colossus - Hard Mode Time Attack - All Items Unlocked
    4) Super Metroid

Those are just to name a few that I've successfully beaten. What works for me is when it becomes stressful I just try again the next day. This for most part never fails me. It allows me to clear my head and think logically about how I can approach it in a way I'll likely
    succeed. Though I'm the type of person where if it's not relentless than it's not rewarding. Besides I like to create my own challenges where I have limited amount of resources or improvements made to my character. In my opinion this enhances it's replay value while somewhat still introducing a familiar experience.

12. Paar

Paar Rising Member

For me it's almost every NES games I own. Even the original Super Mario Bros. is brutal sometimes. That's why I have never liked the system as the games aged badly.

13. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

The OG Super Mario is not brutal. The games didn't get harder, maybe you got rusty.

14. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

Idk if I'd call it brutal, but world 8 certainly is hard. Kiddy me never managed to beat that game.

15. MBMM

Japanese Mario 2 was made harder than 1. That one I would call a bit difficult. After that is when Mario games slowly progressed in an "easier" fashion. Mario 3 and World are pretty easy.

16. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Glad you mentioned that one. You could say JPN Super Mario 2 is brutal, as it is quite a bit harder than the first. So much so that they didn't even release it here officially until All Stars for the SNES.

It was just hard enough that I felt like a fucking champion when I finally beat it as a young child. Super Mario is in some of my earliest memories, I literally grew up with it, so I guess I got a lot of practice in :p

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  17. Paar

Paar Rising Member

D
    Have you ever played Japanese version of SMB3? That game was driving me crazy. Never played US/PAL version but it cannot be that much easier. For me, SMB3 is harder than the first.

18. Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer Active Member

When I rented Shadowgate for NES back in the day, I couldn't get past the second screen of the game.

19. Paar

Paar Rising Member

NES games are only for hardcore gamers, with exceptions.

20. ChristyGamer

ChristyGamer Newly Registered

I just can't Play Sudoku. I have tried almost million times but I just can't. So for me, the Hardest game I have ever played is SODOKU. The Games that I most enjoy playing are Ben 10 Games.