1. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the Console Dumping forum.

The purpose of this forum is to spread information about dumping games, without piracy being the motivation.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
  2. kammedo

kammedo and the lost N64 Hardware Docs

Very Nice idea!
    How about starting it with a list of dumping devices?
    Could be organized per console..
    *summons calpis*

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  3. WolverineDK

WolverineDK music lover

Wonderful idea :)

4. XxHennersXx

XxHennersXx I post here on the toilet sometimes.

very nice!

5. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

interesting section, I hope there's detailed information for generations to come =)

6. Jamtex

Jamtex Adult Orientated Mahjong Connoisseur

Would be nice to include computers as some computers are not the easiest things to back up the tapes, disks or carts. As magnetic media is starting to fail at a rapid rate it would be good to know you do have a copy of your media. And people assume that just because a file can be found that it is a 1 to 1 copy where as a lot of dumps are from cracked files rather then the originals.

7. Omar

Omar Robust Member

Good topic. However I wonder why it is in the 0bit area and not public, it would benefit everyone to spread the information.

8. wingedwolf

wingedwolf Member

Great idea!

9. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Would anyone be adverse to me making a tutorial on how to rip gamecube games in under 12 minutes? Its much faster than previous methods, but follows the same basic route.

10. Matthijscoman

Matthijscoman Fiery Member

I'd like to know! :nod:

11. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Alright, Ill get to it soon :)

12. Dano2k0

Dano2k0 Mad on XBOX

Sounds like this is going to be a fun and interesting section, and yeah i look forward to seeing your dumping method dot50cal

13. visor

visor Member

Are there some special requirements to be allowed to post in this section? I tried to create a thread about my N64 EEPROM dumping project, but it seems it got rejected by a moderator ?

14. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

You can't post links yet , you need about 20 posts to do that.

15. amiga1200

amiga1200 Dauntless Member

no, not a dumper but i respect the cause...for preservation!
    aside the obvious (games, getting laid...fat chance!) backing up my retails is one of my hobbies!
    getting small amounts of retail psx, ps2, xbox (hello SPPV) dc, ngc etc disks can stack up, haven't really gotten through half of them and the xbox has perplexed me because i'm trying for a true 6.5g one-filed image dump! (best i can do is a direct FTP disk-to-computer rip)
    the rest have been easy, bar the dc requiring bollocks custom parts most can't get (rj45/lan card) so i settled for something realistic within my grasp, the sd card reader (for serial socket on console) and jj1dom's gdi-to-sd dumper and that took care of that! (verifies for my home backups retrieved courtesy of dumpcast) lost a gdi assembly along the way!
    psx (or any cd) disks get handled by cloneCD, ps2 dvd disks by dvddecryptor (or hdloader on console for dvd9's) ngc disk by WODE (fpga board) or cleanrip on wii...
    and the xbox, just a 1/1 FTP filetransfer from disk direct! (crap true, but i aint using crazy exotic means like trapper disks)
    thanks to all dumpers (on the web generally speaking) professional, or otherwise for sharing your findings, results and in some cases, TOOLS!
    (that dc fpga thread, didn't see it...til i OWN one in my hands)
    yep, optical media is a BANE and a tumorous cancer to my gaming lifestyle, sm's/hdd's ALL the way where possible!
    [edit]
    a profile setting (courtesy of redump.org) i used for 'cloneCD' to dump compact disks...
    (copy and paste to text document, label file as 'redump.ccp' and place it in the clonCD program/PROFILES directory.)

16. psyk0pat

psyk0pat Proto Dumping Squad "To protect and to save!"

Hey fellow collectors ! Not sure if it is the right place to post this, but I can offer my services to dump various "modern" consoles. Retail games, but also development cartridges or discs:

- GBA (retail and proto carts)
    - NDS (retail and proto carts) or DSi (retail)
    - 3DS (retail and proto CTR carts)
    - Game Cube (retail and NR discs)
    - Wii (retail and RVT-R discs)
    - PSP (UMD and DVD)

I'm living in France, so... you will have to send whatever you want to get dumped here.
    Note that I am doing this during my free time, and totally for free. The only thing I gonna ask will be the return shipping costs, to send you the games back (which should not be really expensive, unless you send me 20kg of material...). Everything will be well protected for the return.

After dump, the roms/isos will be sent to the original disc/cartridge owner. And ONLY to him. I insist on this point. He can then decide to release them or not, but I'll never do it.

Some people here already used my services in the past, and were not unhappy of the results ;) For any questions, dump requests etc you can message me.

Edit1 : In some messages I received, people are sometimes worried about their NGC/Wii disc safety during copy. Rest assured about this, I'm not using hotswap or similar risky methods.

Edit2 : If your discs are already hardly scratched, there is always a little chance that my drives can't read them totally fine and we can have bad dumped sectors. If you see really deep cuts on their surface, please try to repair them the best as possible first, before sending. For normal classic little scatches, it should not be a problem.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017