Was there an actual interview where they stated Conker Twelve Tails was Complete?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Nitrosoxide, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

The n64 version is superior in every way, save technology.

The XBOX version is quite censored, it's easier, and modern shooting controls have been implemented in gunned sections. Gone is the old frying pan and instead a spiked baseball bat is Conker's main weapon.

Additionally, the split-screen (and bot-driven) multiplayer found on the n64 version is nowhere to be seen on the XBOX version which replaces it with online multi which is horrible (FPS controls on a 3d person deathmatch, boring stuff) - in the original you can team up to hunt dinos, or be a dino, plus many other actually FUN modes (we ve played alot of BFD back in the day).

In the end both versions are worth it on their own merits - the XBOX version because it's the best looking game of the previous generation. It looks so stunning that you may think it's a 360 title!!!

2. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

Very true.

I also think the N64 version is superior save for the graphics technology of course. The multiplayer on BFD N64 is way more fun and diverse than BFD Xbox. It has tons of different modes, such as the Dino/Egg hunt-chase, the tank wars, races, the weasel mob/gangster game, the shooter which was awesome, among other modes.
    If the XBOX version had the same multiplayer as the N64, considering it had Live support it would've been fuckin' awesome.

Anyway the stunning graphics of the XBOX version deserve a 5/5 rating, it's just beautiful. :love:

3. nesworld

nesworld Gutsy Member

I'd love to see Dinosaur Planet but the playable demo they were displaying at ECTS 2000, a few months before the N64 version was scrapped, was nothing near something that could be called a game - a few areas from the game could be explored but there was no actual gameplay, so I doubt that anything worth playing exists for the N64 when it comes to Dinosaur Planet... sadly.

With that said, I still hope that a near final build exist :)

4. Xevious

Xevious Member

Screenshots and cover art from a Norwegian ad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I know someone with the beta of it but it would require serious cash.
    Please don't ask me for the contact, it's way above $14K so why even ask.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
  6. Ryusui

Ryusui Spirited Member

Fuh...fourteen...thousand?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:noooo::noooo::noooo::noooo::noooo::noooo::noooo:

7. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

I'm not surprised they want that much for it to be honest. Can you imagine how much the beta version of mario 64 or zelda would go for?

8. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

Are we talking the Conker beta or the Dino Planet beta?? Either way, thats more than i make in a year:lol:

9. madhatter256

madhatter256 Illustrious Member

Aren't there two versions of the beta out there of Twelve Tails???

10. Barc0de

there's many BETA versions of everything, beta isn't finalised:p

Thanks for the scans mate, although the PAL retail box does look a bit like a place-holder - Rare never used in-game screenshots for game covers!

11. Sojiroh

Sojiroh Dauntless Member

But that's over nine thousand!!!!!!

I hope it gets released some day.

12. madhatter256

No shit :p. I'm talking about more than one version (not much difference between the two) that are in people's hands, other than Rare....

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  13. Ryusui

Ryusui Spirited Member

Does anyone know just how complete these betas are?

14. Barc0de

what betas? I haven't personally been aware of someone who has any beta whatsoever of any version of Conker in their hands, even if they claim they do - I m a sucker for evidence.

@madhatter: there were two (known) "types" of Conker, besides Bad Fur Day.

The first one was "Conker's Quest", based straight off the Dream (banjo) project's engine, usually depicted with what seems to be a high squirrel crossing a stony bridge , surrounded by green grass.

When the game's story and gameplay elements were loosely defined - ie beyond just a prototype and a vague idea- they named it Twelve Tales, since it followed a story-book presentation concerning stolen gifts, and gave you the chance to play as both Conker and Berry. You'd start off at the water-fountain and flip your way through the chapters as you progressed.

This second "type" of Conker went through quite a few versions, especially in technical terms, with the latest being very close to the tech used in Bad Fur Day.

Naturally and as some of you may recall, Rare thought that there was no place for another cute platformer and with the slow decline of N64 sales in the wake of the DC/PS2 comming, they made the game into what we know - and it's for the best, because judging by Conker's Pocket Tales the game would have been a lot cuter than Banjo or Mario, being aimed at toddlers:p

15. willcrook

willcrook Rapidly Rising Member

I think $14k is a fair price considering the one of a kind nature and legal risks involved.

16. madhatter256

I just want to know this....

Who, which person was it that decided to take Conker from being a cutsey, fuzzy wuzzy character into a cursing sailor, womanizing, drunk of a squirrel he turned out to be in the end??

I miss that game: BFD.

17. Barc0de

technically.. there's no such thing as a fair price, especially considering black market subjects. It's more a matter of agreement between parties than anything else =p

18. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

In any case, were someone to shell out that price alone for it they likely wouldn't go ahead and release it as a rom for the community so this will probably stay in obscurity forever :(

Unless a whole very very serious community of collectors plus some millionaires chipped in or something lol

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  19. Nitrosoxide

Nitrosoxide Resolute Member

Damn it why can't some generous person just win the freaking lottery and release all the great betas ....

Lol guys if I win the lottery consider it done!

20. Twimfy

Twimfy Site Supporter 2015

Seconded. As long as it was well documented that I owned the original I wouldn't care if it was leaked all over the internetz.