Was there an actual interview where they stated Conker Twelve Tails was Complete?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Nitrosoxide, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Nitrosoxide

Nitrosoxide Resolute Member

Was there an actual interview where they stated Conker Twelve Tails was complete?

Because I keep hearing that it was either complete or near completion. I've been looking everywhere for a quote to have a genuine confirmation of its status.

2. Ryusui

Ryusui Spirited Member

The subject is like hammering nails into my temples. T_T;

As far as I know, it's wishful thinking. But it's something I'd rather believe than not, that there is a version of Twelve Tales just begging to see release...maybe doled out on XBLA, or buried as a secret bonus in a hypothetical second rerelease.

This picture is my tribute to the girl who never could catch a break. Made into a mere damsel in distress, replaced by another girl with the same name only for her to get killed off...this is her, eight years later, pumped and primed to jump into the nearest convenient giant robot and blast off to save the universe.

BELIEVE IN THE BERRI WHO BELIEVES IN YOU! *shakes his fist at the stars*

3. Nitrosoxide

Let me put it this way. I may be able to edge us closer to a release, but we have to show proof that this thing exists if we want someone in Rare to bother looking for it. As its a pretty big job. Most of the people I've managed to get in touch with don't think it was very far along. So it would help to show some proof of its status, so they can look into an XBLA release.

So any quotes magazine scans, anything would be great.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  4. Taucias

Taucias Site Supporter 2014,2015

I don't have a quote but it was close to finish, never finished. 80%-ish. It was not considered a huge task changing the foundation code and assets for Conker's Bad Fur Day. It probably took them about 3 months longer to finish the game.

5. Nitrosoxide

If only their was a quote. Otherwise whose to really say just how complete it was.

The game lost a good chunk of stuff

2 player co-op would have been great

6. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

actually i think it was IGN. I specifically remember reading something to the avail of "the game is ready and sitting on a desk" etc.

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh <B>Site Supporter 2014</B><BR><B>Whole Month Spons

Hi everybody,

Footage from E3 Atlanta 1998 :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Ryusui

Ryusui Spirited Member

AND I FRIGGIN' WANT IT!

9. Nitrosoxide

Where is that quote!!

10. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

I remember reading a quote like that, but the words are different..

http://ign64.ign.com/articles/091/091996p1.html

"There is a version of Conker's in the Rare archives that nobody, save a select few sworn to absolute secrecy, will ever, ever see! Enough said."

Could be this one and the words got kinda twisted in everybodies memory. I still remember reading this the day it was published and just imagining breaking into their vaults :p

11. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

I thought the same thing myself when i read that. It probably is. I gotta admit I was very surprised when they did change it.

12. Ryusui

Ryusui Spirited Member

"Surprised"? I prayed to God it was an April Fool's Joke. I waited three years for Twelve Tales, and whatever they've done since, I still haven't forgiven Rare for it.

13. Taucias

Taucias Site Supporter 2014,2015

Time to get some closure dude. It was just a cutesy 3D platformer. The game is not that different in the final version, just with some potty humour and dressed up quests and new models.

14. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

The western level and the deleted bosses like that huge cat I think are enough to show it wasn't just "dressed up". Similar concepts and ideas like riding on barrels, yeah. But the whole game just "looking" different is pretty obviously not the case. Look at all videos of twelve tales on youtube and say that again. :)

15. Ryusui

Ryusui Spirited Member

BFD has the same engine and some of the same material but it is not the same game.

16. Nitrosoxide

Sure but, this doesn't mean that it was complete, it just means there's an alternate version. Humbug...

17. Ryusui

Ryusui Spirited Member

Knowing Rare...it's probably the "unrated director's cut". I remember hearing once they planned to have Conker blow his brains out in the ending but decided things were relentlessly dark as it was.

...Eight years and two console generations later, it still hurts. It doesn't hurt as bad as it did, but it still hurts.

18. _SD_

_SD_ Resolute Member

See if it's possible to dig up N64 Dinosaur Planet before it became StarFox.

19. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

I really need to play BFD. I feel like im missing out. Should i hunt down th N64 cart for BFD or is the xbox remake any good?? For that matter, can anyone tell me if the xbox remake is any different from the n64 version, other than graphics??

20. Ryusui

Ryusui Spirited Member

YES.