RULES Want to buy posts "WTB" rules.

Discussion in 'Want to Buy Requests (WTB)' started by ASSEMbler, Jun 30, 2008.

1. hl718

hl718 Site Soldier

Due to a quirk in the board you cannot change the displayed thread title, even if you edit the first post. Doing so simply edits the title of that individual post.

To edit a thread title PM one of the board moderators and they'll take care of it for you.

-hl718

2. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Normal users are not enabled to change their own topic's titles, you will have to ask a moderator to do that for you.

BTW: It'd be nice if you listed the romanized names as well since not every potential seller can read Japanese :p

3. RichieCStar

RichieCStar Robust Member

Thanks for the tips. As a matter of fact, I cannot read Japanese, I just copied and pasted the titles from the internet. Is there somewhere I could translate them into romanized names?

4. sparky222b

sparky222b Active Member

Er, it's not really clear, are new posters allowed to post WTB or not?

5. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P<BR><B>Site Supporter

This is currently under debate but for the moment buying is allowed selling isn't, which is a little quirky for sure :p If it was up to me you'd need to participate for a while before you can do either but it isn't up to me so go ahead, knock yourslf out. Shop 'till you drop and I hope you find what you are looking for. Just don't bump your post every day or you may get a slap and be prepared for the rules to change :p

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  6. sparky222b

sparky222b Active Member

Actually I don't have any immediate purchasing plans, might post a WTB in a few weeks. Mainly I was just curious and wanted to know for future reference. Thanks for the response.

7. Conan

Conan Member

I really hope these rules haven't changed... I'm desperately looking to buy a modded Saturn to play SF3 on, so I've posted a WTB ....it's been the most elusive piece of hardware ever (for me to find at least ;p).

8. Danstrife7

Danstrife7 Spirited Member

Hello everyone,

I got in contact with a moderator.

Thanks for listening and sorry to bother.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  9. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Your posts thus far on the board have been somewhat strange.

The link I gave DOES work - that's the "Where did my post go?" thread.

Furthermore, the rules you are looking for are in the first post of this very thread if you're looking for WTB rules. That's WANT TO BUY. The other rules can be found via the Rules forum on the home page.

10. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

The link doesn't work for me either. Gives this error: "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

[edit] Seems like the user deleted his post

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  11. Syclopse

Syclopse .

12. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

NOTICE TO ALL

Updated the rules - added the following:

It's common sense and good manners, really - but now it's officially in the rules.

13. Ashevent

Ashevent Site Supporter 2015

Would this be the best place to post a thread about wanting to trade or do a partial trade of one type item for another?

14. Falcon

Falcon psilocybin <3

I want to post, but won't have the funds quick enough if i get a good offer. Would thus break the WTB rules?

15. Logi26

Logi26 Site Supporter 2014

There does not appear to be a rule against this and I believe that other users do it, but there is this rule "No one else may buy any offered item(s) unless the original poster notes that he is passing on the offer."

So if you create a WTB thread and somebody responds saying that they have the item for sale, If you don't have the money available then the item could potentially be bought by another user. Although some seller's may be whiling to hold items for a short time.