Virtual Boy Space Invaders Wrist Watch!

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by Madsmaten, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Madsmaten

Madsmaten Enthusiastic Member

2. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

Space Invaders Virtual Collection is one of the rare VB titles, currently goes up to $800-$900. I think the seller is misleading with that watch as it has nothing to do with that game, it is a licensed product from 2009.

The watch is very cool though, and has a short demo animation of the game (too bad you can't play on it).

3. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Weird coincidence that the watch looks so much like the VB Space Invaders. But it says 2004 right on the back plate, so it can't be to do with the game.

4. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Indeed. Coupling the two together is a bit shady. Hopefully one of the 6 people watching it will do their homework.

5. cawley1

cawley1 Spirited Member

I finally bit the bullet earlier this year and dropped just over £250 for Space Invaders Virtual Collection - I now have all US/Japanese VB games, bar the three crazy expensive Japanese releases (Gundam, Virtual Bowling and Virtual Lab) which I have no interest in getting hold of (well, except maybe completeness sake!)

That item seems very expensive compared to what I paid a few months back for a game in slightly more worn condition, minus the unrelated watch!

6. cawley1

cawley1 Spirited Member

And that's the point - It does not go for up to $800-$900, that is the inflated BIN prices, none of which ever seem to sell.

If you wait for one at auction, you can bag it for far more 'sensible' $400 - another excellent example of eBay BIN sellers trying to dictate the market price.

7. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

Yeah, I hate that, it's becoming more and more annoying by the minute! Everyone is inflating BIN prices, much much more than before, used to be only on eBay now I'm seeing it everywhere (other sites, facebook groups, etc.).

8. breech

breech Member

The watches are still selling on ebten for 19k¥ unfortunatly the pacman ones are gone.

9. proarturs

proarturs The force is with me

These watches are very unique. I would love to have one.