Videos on .z64 format?

Discussion in 'Everdrive 64' started by ToñoGK, Oct 3, 2012.

1. ToñoGK

ToñoGK Member

Hello guys, I was wondering if it is possible to convert a video file to .z64 format?

It would be great to watch some videos in the old N64 using a flashcart

2. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

just rename the .avi to .z64

3. C-Kronos

C-Kronos Intrepid Member

That's just being sarcastic.. Marshallh, the developer of the 64drive, had some format of video running on the 64drive utilizing the fpga chip on the board. ED64 v2 uses the same fpga chip, so it could be possible; your best bet for information regarding this if you have the technical knowledge, would be to join #n64dev on efnet via mIRC and ask him. There's also several other devs there as well, but if you don't have the technical knowledge, and you're pretty much just a user and not a developer, then I wouldn't bother.

Anyways, all I'm saying is that it's possible, I haven't bothered to figure out how marshall did it yet as I'm still learning more about the N64 and doing various things such as cracking games to be trained; however, I'd just watch media files from your PC or a console that's hooked up to your TV. The PS3 and Wii are pretty capable of playing video files, but the Wii has a hard time playing high quality stuff encoded with the h264 codec, and I haven't bothered much with watching movies on the Xbox 360, so I can't tell you anything there.

4. ToñoGK

ToñoGK Member

Thanks C-Kronos!

I know it is a lot better to play videos on a pc or console hooked up to the tv.. but I'd like to have some videos of Dinosaur Planet or Twelve Tales Conker running on my N64, I don't know, it would be kind of special for me