Very first mobile/cell you owned

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by HEX1GON, Feb 7, 2013.

1. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

very first Ericsson GSM mobile complete with swing away side antenna.
    The thing was about the size of Galaxy Note but much much thicker~ :p

2. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

That's my Mum's first phone :p

3. xdaniel

xdaniel Robust Member

Wonder if I can piece together my phone history...

Mitsubishi Trium Astral (prepaid on Viag Interkom, now O2 Germany; 2000?) -> Nokia 3510 (Vodafone prepaid; 2003?) -> Siemens CX65 (contract with T-Mobile; 2005?) -> Sony Ericsson W800i (T-Mobile prepaid; 2008?) -> LG KP500 (same; 2009?) -> Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (same; current phone)

...should be it! The Samsung aside, I think I liked the CX65 the most, actually... nice "big" color display, a camera (well, VGA resolution), could play back MIDIs (had a track from Megaman Battle Network as my ringtone :p) and the joystick thingy it had for navigation was nice. Still have the W800i and KP500 around somewhere, the others have since been sold or somesuch...

4. WolverineDK

WolverineDK music lover

So did I, that was my second phone , and my first that I bought was a Nokia 3210. They were sturdy beyond normality, in comparison to phones now a days. But my history with phones goes back to a phone, I gave to my father. But my first was a Nokia 3210, with my first subscription service which blew chunks, then I got my Ngage, and then I bought a Nokia 5800, which I actually miss in comparison to my current mobile phone which is an HTC Wildfire. Which sucks all the way. Seriously the best phones I have had over the years has been the Nokias. The Ngage was awesome, since that could use midi tunes. As ringtones, but well if the Android phones, could make a fucking keyboard. with the addition of a touchscreen. Then it would be okay. So perhaps I am quite biased about the phones I have had. But at least I have not EVER had any elitist Apple bullshit as my mobile/cellular phones. And or for that matter any of their computers or their pads. No matter or not I have the highscore in Fruit Ninja on a friends Pad from Apple.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  5. pas7680

pas7680 <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

a motorolla manhattan back in 98, first person i knew to have a mobile phone and have only had about four or five others since...

6. A. Snow

A. Snow Old School Member

A Motorola DPC650 model MicroTAC.

7. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P<BR><B>Site Supporter

It wasn't my first 'phone as I had a couple of used Nokias (3210, 8210 etc) but my first brand new 'phone was the Motorla V101/vBox (full qwerty keyboard!), which was then followed up with a brand new Nokia 3510i (colour screen yay!)

8. SuperGrafx

SuperGrafx Guest

Some type of Motorola flip phone with a basic b&w lcd screen.
    Kind of chunky, but I loved the phone and used it for 4 years before finally upgrading to a Samsung with a color display.

9. XeTK

XeTK Casual Collector

[​IMG]

Got a Ericsson t68 in 2004, was my brothers before it was mine got broken at school by my mate deciding it was funny to throw it at the floor

First phone I bought new was a Sony Ericsson w610 was great, outlived its replacement a w910 then I gave it to my sister in law when my nephew destroyed her phone

[​IMG]

10. twinkie2001

twinkie2001 Spirited Member

My first cell phone was a Verizon Samsung Convoy U640. I used a Motorola Tracphone before that. After using it for 3 years, I had to flip it shut gently otherwise it would power off. I got a used Verizon Samsung Convoy U640 to replace the defective one and I still use it to this day. I hate Smart Phones and will always use flip phones. My plan is that after each flip phone finally starts to become defective, I buy a used one with a clean ESN off eBay and switch the service to the "new" flip phone.

Here is a picture of the Verizon Samsung Convoy U640 -

[​IMG]

11. Vyothric

Vyothric Active Member

12. Mugi

Mugi Site Supporter 2013,2014,2015

hmmmmh.....

first phone i owned?

Nokia 2110
    [​IMG]

and first phone i ever used...

nokia 8110i
    [​IMG]

as some of you might know, a special version of this one was made for the movie matrix.
    the special part on it is that unlike the sales models, this one had a button to open the slide (spring mechanism)

i own one of them. needless to say it's relatively rare

13. omp

omp Familiar Face

I was trying to remember what my first phone was and this was it!

14. meme

meme Active Member

15. bart_simpson

bart_simpson Dauntless Member

Ericsson GA628 would last about weeks on one charge.

16. alphagamer

alphagamer What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch!

I still use a Nokia 6310i with a battery that still has 1-2 weeks standby, although it is 9-10 years old. Simply amazing, one of the best cellphones ever made IMHO. If only we would get that kind of quality today.

17. AnalogWinter

AnalogWinter Peppy Member

[​IMG]

My first mobile phone was a Motorola T-720. This served me well for a few years with good reception and battery life at the time. I never got around to getting the data cable for data sysnc, ringtone and image upload.

^_^_^

18. 7Force

7Force Guardian of the Forum

I don't get why people complain about phones not lasting weeks on one charge. Well duh, back then you had a small monochrome screen and weak processor, today you have huge touchscreens and multi-core processors, and battery technology is far behind the curve so is it really surprising phones don't last that long anymore?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  19. alphagamer

alphagamer What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch!

When I went to boarding school a good friend had a data cable for Nokia phones, and he was the coolest kid, with custom ringtones and games that were normally only available on other models etc. he upgraded everyone's phone for free.

A few years ago he gave me the cable as a gift. Although it was already obsolete, it meant a lot to me.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  20. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Nokia something gold, I remember you had to pull the antenna out and it was $3 a minute...