Verifying Sega Dreamcast Dev kit is working

Discussion in 'Sega Saturn Programming and Development' started by Logick, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Logick

Logick Newly Registered

Hello long time lurker first time (in awhile) poster. A couple of years ago I got my hands on a Dreamcast Dev Kit from a (now defunct) studio I worked for. Now I'm looking to sell it, but first I'm told I need to verify its working. Since I never did Dreamcast dev (only ever other console family), I would love to know how can I verify if its in working condition.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Jord9622 likes this.
  2. Jord9622

Jord9622 Site Supporter 2014 Site Benefactor

A friend of mine (BadAd_84) can help you verify its working. Please PM me and cc him, I am interested in purchasing. Thanks!

3. Logi26

Logi26 Site Supporter 2014

You have been a memeber here for over 12 years and this is your first post?
    That could be some sort of forum record :).

You can check that the system works by powering it on and connecting it to a television/monitor to see if it boots up and outputs a video signal.
    Before powering it on, ensure that the correct voltage is set on the PSU depending on the voltage in your country (eg 120 for US, 230 for UK).

You will need to set the dip switches on the front of the system depending on the video output that your are wanting. This thread explains the dip switch positions for video output and the rotary switch position for the game regions: https://assemblergames.com/threads/help-using-a-hkt-01-dev-kit-dials-and-dip-switches.61483/

You should consider getting one of the supported SCSI cards and clone the internal hard drive. It may still contain leftover game data, especially if this came straight from a studio.

dcsw2k7 and Logick like this.
  4. Logi26

Logi26 Site Supporter 2014

*double post

5. Logick

Logick Newly Registered