Various unreleased and beta games

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Youloute, May 12, 2011.

1. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Oh wow, that French Consoles mag just seems to be a French version of a British mag called Mean Machies or one of them ripped of the others design.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sabre470

sabre470 Site Supporter 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015

Might be the same company behind at the time. But you're absolutely right, they're the same thing!!!

Edit: french wikipedia confirmed that Console + was an adaptation of Mean Machines.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consoles_+

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  3. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

Yeah, it was an adaptation of Mean Machines, though not many readers knew this fact before The Internet spreads the truth all over the world.
    Back in the day (until, say, 1995), a fistful of french magazines used to use the good old copy pasta method in order to "create" their own design.
    Another point: we had in Paris a few japanese libraries where we could get japanese VG magazines and it was common for french magazines to re-use the screenshots published in these magazines. So technically, a lot of screenshots I'm posting here originally came from japanese magazines.
    It seems scanning is a kind of tradition in France....

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  4. sabre470

sabre470 Site Supporter 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015

C'est pas faux ;)

5. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

Speaking of french mags I was in awe when I saw to what extent Super Power covered Shoshinkai 1993 in their issue 14 (there was like 50 pages!).

Devil Buster (Mega Drive)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Violent Seed (PS1)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  6. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Do you know who was the developer of Devil Buster on the Mega Drive?

7. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

It says SIMS was the publisher but there's nothing about the developer. It could be SIMS, Hertz...
    The game includes a 2 players mode. Each character has a sidekick. By looking at these screenshots, it seems there was only one kind of enemies so far.
    The story takes place just after the apocalypse: a city has been destroyed (low cost apocalypse) and the evil forces are invading our world.

Violent Seed: developed by Rabid software. It says you plays as an alien instead of a human being.

8. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

http://gdri.smspower.org/wiki/index.php/Sanritsu/SIMS

It's an already known unreleased game, just in the article there are pictures I've never seen before.
    Same for Violent Seed although the pictures are nothing new (there is a video on YT if you want to see it in motion).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  9. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

I linked these scans to CRV/GDRI on Twitter yesterday, since I know he was the one who came with the SIMS eight link. I don't know if he has something else to tell about this game. The problem is: some of the games shown in this magazine supplement (from Beep! Mega Drive - april 1993) weren't developed by SIMS. For example, Vay and Outrun 2019 were developed by Hertz.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  10. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

Arcus Odyssey - Super Nintendo (Europe) - canceled (Consoles + 20 - May 1993). Also planned and canceled in NA.
    [​IMG]

Jim Power (Consoles + 20 - May 1993). It says the development of the game started with the Buck Rogers licence, though it was a port of the Jim Power game released on Amiga.
    [​IMG]

Gauntlet IV - Mega Drive - Beta (Consoles + 14 - November 1992)
    [​IMG]
    Bugs and glitches.

Final Fight CD (Consoles + 14 - November 1992)
    [​IMG]
    Interesting one. It says developers didn't have decided to implement the 2 players mode at this stage of the development. It's pretty strange since there's a picture of the time attack mode with 2 players (with an early design).
    There are 2 different designs for the portrait of Haggar on the left of his lifebar.
    The High score above the time counter has been removed from the final version.

Here's a pic of the final version of the Time attack mode:
    [​IMG]

11. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

Virtua Racing - Mega Drive - beta (Consoles + 23 - September 1993)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cadillac & Dinosaurs - arcade beta? (Banzzai 9 - April 1993)
    [​IMG]
    It seems the 3-players mode wasn't included at this stage of development (or did I miss something?)
    It also says a port was planned for Super NES.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  12. Moo

Moo Gutsy Member

Whats different about the Lunar 1 beta? I haven't played any version of that game.

13. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

The hair color of Luna is different and the HUD is missing during the battle scene.

14. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

I was reading the last issue of IGMag dedicated to Sega (french magazine) and found a few things you might want to know.

Interview with Steve Woita:
    He wants to make a sequel to Kid Chameleon for about 20 years. After the release of the first game, Sega wanted STI to make games based on Sonic (Sonic Spinball, Sonic SatAM...), so Woita and his crew never had the chance to start the development of the sequel.
    He talks about Spinny and Spike, which was running at 60fps (not sure it had ever been mentionned).
    He also says he worked on Jester (Mega Drive, STI) but there's nothing new about this one.

Interview with Frederik Raynal:
    3 ports of Little Big Adventures were planned (probably not at the same time): on Super NES (development probably never started), on Saturn (development never started) and on Playstation (released).
    No Cliché came to Sega to present Agartha. Raynal says the game needed one more year of development. The game was barely playable at this stage of development. He never wanted to port the game on another machine since it used to many specific features of the Dreamcast and because he's sentimental...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  15. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

Alien 3 - Mega-CD - unreleased (Consoles + 17 - February 1993)
    [​IMG]
    I've seen this one on many lists but didn't find any confirmation until today.

Arcus Odyssey - Super Nintendo (Europe) - unreleased (Banzzai 15 - October 1993)
    [​IMG]
    I've mentioned this one a few days ago.

Ninja Gaiden - Mega Drive - unreleased (Consoles + 17 - February 1993)
    [​IMG]
    Dumped, reviewed in EGM but I didn't know the game had been sent to european magazines as well.

Onyx - Project Reality (Banzzai 18 - January 1994)
    [​IMG]

Pit Fighter II - Mega Drive/Mega-CD - unreleased (Consoles + 17 - February 1993)
    [​IMG]
    Another screenshot for this already well covered game.

Thunder Force IV - Mega Drive - beta (Consoles + 9 - May 1992)
    [​IMG]

Virtual VCR March on Time - Mega-CD - unreleased (Consoles + 17 - February 1993)
    [​IMG]
    I didn't know anything about this one except it was included in the Virtual VCR series. Now I know it was an educational game.

16. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

Pit Fighter 2 was a game I was really waiting for back then :(

17. Fabrizo

Fabrizo Resolute Member

Violent Seed, I remember a whole bunch of copies of the beta someone sold off a few years ago (I guess he had about 10 different versions?), did any of those ever get leaked on to the net? Wouldn't mind trying that game some day.

18. CombatRocked

CombatRocked Rapidly Rising Member

could someone translate the Ninja Gaiden - Mega Drive review
    thanks

19. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

Honestly, there's nothing special about this review. It says the game is so-so, nothing more. My point was to show the game was reviewed in Europe (at least in France).

20. Youloute

Youloute Robust Member

Metroid II DX - Game Boy Color - unreleased (Joypad 79 - October 1998)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tobe! PolyStars - arcade / M2 (Consoles + 64 - april 1997)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It says it was formerly know as Pori Kids (Poly Kids). The game had an arcade release.

Power Crystal - M2 (Consoles + 64 - april 1997)
    [​IMG]

Vermin (Joypad 79 - October 1998)
    [​IMG]

Virtua Fighter 3 (Consoles + 64 - april 1997)
    [​IMG]
    I'm not an expert on the subject, but I didn't know specs were revealed about the expansion cartridge that was meant to help the Saturn to run the game. It says this card includes a Power PC 602 or 603.

Last edited: May 26, 2013